I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Screenshot_20220206-164309_Firefox.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy

That flashback to the 1950s in itself would be a warning for some economists.

Such a low unemployment rate is “a red flare” that the economy is overheating, with fast price and wage increases that are unavoidable and the U.S. central bank pushed to be more aggressive, said Tim Duy, a University of Oregon professor and the chief economist of SGH Macroadvisers. “I don’t see where there is a good way out” that tames inflation without triggering a recession and the associated jump in unemployment.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Such a low unemployment rate is “a red flare” that the economy is overheating, with fast price and wage increases that are unavoidable and the U.S. central bank pushed to be more aggressive, said Tim Duy, a University of Oregon professor and the chief economist of SGH Macroadvisers. “I don’t see where there is a good way out” that tames inflation without triggering a recession and the associated jump in unemployment.
That is the logical and probable outcome.

rickyb

hey you'd need rising wages and manufacturing to do that

id be interested in housing prices relative to incomes back then too!

rickyb

theres always recessions. every 5 years or so on average