I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

Thebrownblob

i think its common sense. maybe a judge if the courts werent corrupt. im not sure otherwise.

unfortunately im not cornel west or noam chomsky....
Kind of like I figured you would allow someone you consider to be more intelligent than you to decide what is fair. You will basically be a pauper your whole life. Because those people are not going to give you what is fair they going to give you as little as they can just enough to keep the pitchfork out of your hand.

rickyb

Kind of like I figured you would allow someone you consider to be more intelligent than you to decide what is fair. You will basically be a pauper your whole life. Because those people are not going to give you what is fair they going to give you as little as they can just enough to keep the pitchfork out of your hand.
well its a good point you made. democracy decides too, but you make the valid point of mob rule which i dont know but those 2 would know. but maybe a judge. or peoples common sense which goes back to democracy.

Thebrownblob

well its a good point you made. democracy decides too, but you make the valid point of mob rule which i dont know but those 2 would know. but maybe a judge. or peoples common sense which goes back to democracy.
How many people do you know that don’t have common sense? It’s really not that common unfortunately.

rickyb

It sounds good to do 51% but what if that 51% wants to do something you do not want to do?
i dont know maybe dont do it until you get higher support or consensus, its beyond me.

they usually dont talk about this because we have so little democracy anyways.

democracy is supposed to be people getting together and deciding on things, or deciding and then getting a representative to carry out what they just decided on.

Box Ox

i work for govt. today i started 1 hour late and got paid, left 2 hours early and got paid

So you're not working at or starting a co-op because you're quite comfortable working for the government, which is almost completely funded by capitalists.

Oh my God....you're working for the capitalists!

rickyb

So you're not working at or starting a co-op because you're quite comfortable working for the government, which is almost completely funded by capitalists.

i donate to the co-op revolution dont get it twisted compadre

do you donate to support capitalism? it needs your support! its looking shaky these days!

Thebrownblob

i dont know maybe dont do it until you get higher support or consensus, its beyond me.

they usually dont talk about this because we have so little democracy anyways.

democracy is supposed to be people getting together and deciding on things, or deciding and then getting a representative to carry out what they just decided on.
So again, I understand the desire for a better system, because all of them are imperfect. But you yourself just said you don’t know what happens in your idea of a blissful democracy.
It’s just as likely that 51% drags you out in the street and beats you until you agree with them because you’re in the minority.

rickyb

So again, I understand the desire for a better system, because all of them are imperfect. But you yourself just said you don’t know what happens in your idea of a blissful democracy.
It’s just as likely that 51% drags you out in the street and beat you until you agree with them because you’re in the minority.
i wish you knew what chomsky and cornel west says about this, because i sure as hell dont

they dont go into stuff like this from what i recall. maybe ill youtube mob rule tomorrow and see if something comes up with them in it

Thebrownblob

i wish you knew what chomsky and cornel west says about this, because i sure as hell dont

they dont go into stuff like this from what i recall. maybe ill youtube mob rule tomorrow and see if something comes up with them in it
Because they’re academics, they only live in a world where it makes sense on a book. They take the human spirit and human experience out of everything, we are not living in a college thesis.

Box Ox

i donate to the co-op revolution dont get it twisted compadre

You send money. 🤣

Sounds like a serious lack of commitment to what you're telling us is just the best thing in the world.

I'm happy for you if you're padding your pockets with those capitalist bucks though. Your supposedly anti-capitalist idols are doing the same. Few people actually walk the commie or co-op walk because it's just not practical in the real world most of time.

rickyb

Because they’re academics, they only live in a world where it makes sense on a book. They take the human spirit and human experience out of everything, we are not living in a college thesis.
no no they get arrested. maybe not chomsky anymore, hes 94. but cornel west does. hes comes out of civil rights.

rickyb

You send money. 🤣

Sounds like a serious lack of commitment to what you're telling us is just the best thing in the world.

I'm happy for you if you're padding your pockets with those capitalist bucks though. Your supposedly anti-capitalist idols are doing the same. Few people actually walk the commie or co-op walk because it's just not practical in the real world most of time.
capitalism is only practical when theres no exploitation of workers and when its actually sustainable. and then it wouldnt be capitalism

yea i donate. you need to get on it and stop being a non believer in capitalism or whatever you talk about.

rickyb

michael alpert thinks the answer is a mix of one person deciding, and majority rule, and consensus, depending on situation.

Box Ox

This is the first time I'm starting to wonder whether Ricky is a true believer or just enjoys complaining.
wish you knew what chomsky and cornel west says about this, because i sure as hell dont
no no they get arrested.

See? It is the complaining and activism that's the point. Not actual real world results.

capitalism is only practical when theres no exploitation of workers and when its actually sustainable. and then it wouldnt be capitalism

yea i donate. you need to get on it and stop being a non believer in capitalism or whatever you talk about.

You're paid in money that the capitalists send to the government. Does the Co-Op Revolution know you're sending them dirty capitalist bucks? Or do they not actually care?

If they are true believers and have a problem with it, might they alternatively accept something like commune-certified potatoes as a form of donation?

rickyb

See? It is the complaining and activism that's the point. Not actual real world results.

You're paid in money that the capitalists send to the government. Does the Co-Op Revolution know you're sending them dirty capitalist bucks? Or do they not actually care?

If they are true believers and have a problem with it, might they alternatively accept something like commune-certified potatoes as a form of donation?
there was money before capitalism amigo. profits before capitalism.

you need to strengthen your faith and donate to support capitalism. you can easily do it.

rickyb

You donate dirty capitalist bucks to your co-op buddies who love dirty capitalist bucks too. I love it.

OK, fine. I just put in a Costco order. I'm actively participating in capitalism and it's great.
no dont be a cheapskate, you gotta donate. buying crap doesnt count. donate to the pro capitalist youtubers.

the money is created by the government

your welcome.