I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

i was thinking capitalism keeps workers in a state of infantilism.

as a kid, your parents make most of the decisions for you. as you grow up, your expected to make more for yourself.

but with capitalism, we are told what to do by bosses and capitalists, and never really grow into the people who we could otherwise be.

rickyb

teleSUR English‏ @telesurenglish 5h5 hours ago

A London man gets 3 months for posting a #GrenfellTower pic. Wonder how long property management, local officials & Theresa May will serve.
1f914.png

DCowmOvWAAIgIOP.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i was thinking capitalism keeps workers in a state of infantilism.

as a kid, your parents make most of the decisions for you. as you grow up, your expected to make more for yourself.

but with capitalism, we are told what to do by bosses and capitalists, and never really grow into the people who we could otherwise be.
Maybe you should be thankful?

I am!

What you are describing is the risk adverse nature of humans who, for instance, get a degree and hide in an organization without ever really making a decision. I've even seen this at UPS and had it heavily suggested that I should be more like that.

Last edited:

rickyb

Maybe you should be thankful?

I am!

What you are describing is the risk adverse nature of human who, for instance, get a degree and hide in an organization without ever really making a decision. I've even seen this at UPS and had it heavily suggested that I should be more like that.
workers still take risks like for example safety risks, their future employment may be at risk with outsourcing or automation, what you lose by not having a democratic economic system, etc