IBT cuts off Local 804 negotiating

F

Frankie's Friend

In 20 years we are making the same amount adjusted for inflation. Now you want us to make less. I have 25 years left. I have 5 more give back contracts to go. I'm not crying for more I'm just asking to be paid the same. Give me the same pay you had. Give me the same pension and same healthcare.
Look. There isn't any freight drivers that make what we make in hourly wages (unless you paid out $100,000 for your own used rig) and other compensation. They're not getting 5-7 weeks vacation paid in full at 45 hrs.

Dude, many of us worked for 10-14 years part time waiting on a chance to qualify for driving. NOW, employees with 6 months seniority are going into full time driving at almost $19/hr...
While I started driving at $12ish/hr.

I can't believe that the people that are whining about ft wages are not looking around at the wages predominantly associated with non-degreed employees.

I grossed over $2,000 last week and I'm not in feeders. I just showed up to drive Monday thru Friday.
Let's not be an ungrateful generation.

There are problems with some of the language in this cba but there are worse places to work and many of us have been there.

When you get the rent paid save some for kleenexes.

Naming members

I could understand if ups wasn't making record profits and yuge tax cut of 13% on how many billion. But ups will reinvest the profit. Like they should. But collective bargaining means it's supposed to get better in good times that's why we renegotiate every 5 years and it's definitely gotten worse.

Again, I didn't say I agree with this TA, I'm just saying that total compensation needs to be considered when comparing to inflation.

cachmeifucan

Look. There isn't any freight drivers that make what we make in hourly wages (unless you paid out $100,000 for your own used rig) and other compensation. They're not getting 5-7 weeks vacation paid in full at 45 hrs.

Dude, many of us worked for 10-14 years part time waiting on a chance to qualify for driving. NOW, employees with 6 months seniority are going into full time driving at almost $19/hr...
While I started driving at $12ish/hr.

I can't believe that the people that are whining about ft wages are not looking around at the wages predominantly associated with non-degreed employees.

I grossed over $2,000 last week.
Let's not be an ungrateful generation.

There are problems with some of the language in this cba but there are worse places to work and many of us have been there.
19 whole dollars a hour for the first year and how much for second and third year we all know top scale is nice but 4 years progression is a joke. And they wonder why they have to lower standards

F

Frankie's Friend

19 whole dollars a hour for the first year and how much for second and third year we all know top scale is nice but 4 years progression is a joke. And they wonder why they have to lower standards
Nah, your pompous ungratefulness is a joke.

Leave if you have a better opportunity.

Im not going to use the 'R' word but I'd say your appreciation is slower than most.

Btw junior, we sat on a strike line for over two weeks at a total compensation of $55 so you didnt get put on HMOs and get raises based off presumed "performance"... while your babysitter changed your diapers.

cachmeifucan

I grossed 1700 as a 22.3 last week for 50 hours and and paid almost 450 in taxes 21 in union dues. Then 401k and stock and drive and long term disability.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Really. How can anyone agree with this tactic by Junior and his boys. I only know what I read on the 804 page. Any 804 members on here, and what is your take?

Exactly.... where is a link to your claim ?

The Local 804 website or FaceBook page doesn't mention anything about it.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

Fyi... @cachmeifucan ,
Not one of us asked for a 4 year progression.
In our state we (many stewards) organized a vote against the 4 year progression, the lesser healthcare, and many other things we found to be concessions in the last cba. We spent thousands of dollars in lost wages and materials to stop the progression slide....

all the while being called tdu and over paid crybabies and worse by our own BAs and eboards.

You really have no clue what others have done to strengthen your future.

cachmeifucan

I was there in 97 bucko for 2.5 weeks at 18 . Still going strong .the company should give 1 dollar a year minimum. Look at all the overtime they are about to save with creation of 22.4. Teamcare was a definite downgrade from my Aetna ppo. I used to be treated like royalty at doctor now they are like sorry never heard of it I don't think we accept it. Then I have to explain it's actually half way decent they check and most accept but it's not as good. If they pay a million a week for my pension but I still get the same 100 dollars a year per month for every full-time year how does that help me. If health insurance goes up again for retirement and it will that eats into my pension again.

Im not going to use the 'R' word but I'd say your appreciation is slower than most.

Btw junior, we sat on a strike line for over two weeks at a total compensation of $55 so you didnt get put on HMOs and get raises based off presumed "performance"... while your babysitter changed your diapers.

Go sicko

F

Frankie's Friend

I was there in 97 bucko for 2.5 weeks at 18 . Still going strong .the company should give 1 dollar a year minimum. Look at all the overtime they are about to save with creation of 22.4. Teamcare was a definite downgrade from my Aetna ppo. I used to be treated like royalty at doctor now they are like sorry never heard of it I don't think we accept it. Then I have to explain it's actually half way decent they check and most accept but it's not as good. If they pay a million a week for my pension but I still get the same 100 dollars a year per month for every full-time year how does that help me. If health insurance goes up again for retirement and it will that eats into my pension again.
Fyi... @cachmeifucan ,
Not one of us asked for a 4 year progression.
In our state we (many stewards) organized a vote against the 4 year progression, the lesser healthcare, and many other things we found to be concessions in the last cba. We spent thousands of dollars in lost wages and materials to stop the progression slide....

all the while being called tdu and over paid crybabies and worse by our own BAs and eboards.

You really have no clue what others have done to strengthen your future.
At 18? I had a kid in college at $180 a credit hour in 97.

Your pain doesnt resonate. Sorry.

cachmeifucan

Real work, elaborate please I got 22 years under my belt 2 surgeries. I was actually living on my own with my girlfriend at 18. In 97 so I wasn't in my mom's basement. I signed in every day of strike stayed 4 hours like my shift never got a penny.

cachmeifucan

If you had a college kid in 97 wtf you still doing working. Get a hobby. IL retire in 17 years at 57 with 30 years full-time over 9 part time. What are you so sick of