Immigration

El Correcto

god is dead
You said we have a "job shortage" and ask me if I want that and the short answer is yes. I want companies to compete its good for employees

Also when you say that raising the labor wage would result in costing the employers more money thats why we have cut taxes. Until trump we had the highest tax rate in the world. Some companies had to pay a 39% federal tax and then a state tax on top. On top of that you had ridiculous regulations so companies decided they could make more money by going overseas. The problem for the companies then is it cost them tons of money to ship it back into the US. Now they have to pay an extra tax to bring it back to the states which is why businesses are coming back now!

They will be competitive with a fair tax rate and they will be forced to hire American workers and compete for employees with other companies. Everyone wins.
Stop it, you’re upsetting the liberals. Trump is ruining America you bastard!

newfie

Trump is a P* who got on his knees for the Dims, and got on his knees for North Korea. You stay on your knees for Trump.

So much losing.... Sad.
happy sarcasm.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You said we have a "job shortage" and ask me if I want that and the short answer is yes.
No I didn't, I said we have a worker shortage. Ttku.
There are now more job openings than workers to fill them
Until trump we had the highest tax rate in the world. Some companies had to pay a 39% federal tax and then a state tax on top. On top of that you had ridiculous regulations so companies decided they could make more money by going overseas. The problem for the companies then is it cost them tons of money to ship it back into the US. Now they have to pay an extra tax to bring it back to the states which is why businesses are coming back now!
None of this is correct.
Not surprising coming from a Trump voter though.

Sportello

Those people at the camps are released back into the US and given a court date which less than 3% show up to

The first thing I noticed thats suspect with your source is it says "the level of immigrants that show up to court is high WHEN GIVEN LEGAL COUNSELING". It does not show the total number that shows up. It seems like a clever spin.

Failure to appear: U.S. Immigration Court proceedings 2016 | Statistic

newfie

So let me get this straight.
You guys want to switch to a merit based immigration system in which only highly qualified workers can come in..... So that American citizens can work the low paying jobs.... And best case scenario, we end up pricing ourselves out of industries that require low labor costs to be profitable.

Wouldn't a better solution be to invest in education for American citizens, and allow tax paying documented low wage workers in on work visas?

Or, or, or..... We could just keep scapegoating immigrants for all our problems because it's easier.
My God your tears are bad today. I want to know who is crossing my border when.