Immigration

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I remember writing a paper on ‘Statesmen’ in American Politics.
The last Statesman was Henry Clay and the gist was since the 1810 - 1850 period there has not been a professional politician that provided vision and efficacy simultaneously.
One could argue FDR Might be Clay’s equal but FDR was not exactly a scrupulous politician.

Where was Henry Clay from?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
From the Commonwealth of Turdferguson.
As all men of knowledge and integrity are
edbf12738602e6bc6b3170aa2d5b3b71--kentucky-quotes-andrew-jackson.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Bring back the pre-1965 immigration rules. Every immigrant needed an American sponsor to sign a pledge to make sure the immigrant would get a job and stay off the welfare rolls.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I remember the term "Statesman." Our country was founded by men of that stock. If not now, whatever time in history has this country needed statesmen?
The country is gone, it's lost. I thank God that Trump is attempting to delay the implosion that he doesn't even recognize is inevitable.
Those "Statesman" got more pusillanimous than Mick Jagger. George Washington lied every time he told Martha he loved her. They had more special interest and their own agendas than we like to think about.
We have a way have romanticizing our history.
I disagree that the country is gone. I don't think this is a delay. I think its a wake up call. People are taking the blinders off.

floridays

Those "Statesman" got more pusillanimous than Mick Jagger. George Washington lied every time he told Martha he loved her. They had more special interest and their own agendas than we like to think about.
We have a way have romanticizing our history.
I disagree that the country is gone. I don't think this is a delay. I think its a wake up call. People are taking the blinders off.
Disagreement noted.

Mutineer

You going to pick the lettuce?

Immigrants aren't just picking crops and scrubbing toilets anymore!

In California, for the past 30 years, immigrants have been displacing citizens from entry level jobs in the construction and trades industries. Upon graduation from high school, those jobs are where alot of citizens USED to go to learn a viable occupation, learn skills, work their way up, and make a decent living.

Not anymore!

Excessive immigration has turned once respectable blue-collar occupations and crafts into working-poor, dead-end crapjobs.

And now we have a generation of citizens who have no occupational skills, and couldn't hammer a nail straight or saw a board square to save their lives.

I was an XG contractor in California for many years. From time to time, I had reason to go through job applications. Alot of green cards are applying for, and working at FedEx Ground. And people scratch their heads and wonder why wages there aren't much above minimum wage.

When the news media outlets spout that there is a shortage of labor, they are lying!
And then employers change their tune and say "oops, we meant 'qualified' labor." That's because employers don't want to train their workers anymore. They want a workforce that is ignorant, cheap, disposable, and easy to abuse. The ideal candidate? Go ahead, take a guess.

Make no mistake. If UPS goes on strike, there will be no shortage of qualified people who will cheerfully take those jobs (in California, at least.) And I, a well qualified occupationally displaced citizen, will be one of them.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: If you are a working class, blue collar citizen of this nation, no matter the origin of prospective immigrants, the borders are your picket line.

For better or for worse, (usually worse) what starts in and becomes the norm in California, eventually becomes the norm for the rest of the nation. And idiot, inbred, white-trash rednecks in the mid-west think it will never happen in their Jim-Bob-we, little hick towns.

As a fifth generation native of California, I am the Surgeon General's warning on a pack of cigarettes. I am the caricature of the disembodied fingers warning sticker on the side of your lawnmower. I am that dusty, forgotten old box of metal tipped lawn-darts from the 70's lurking in an attic. I am the canary in the mine shaft. And I'm telling you not to believe any so-called "shortage of labor we need more immigrants to pick our crops" nonsense.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

In California, for the past 30 years, immigrants have been displacing citizens from entry level jobs in the construction and trades industries. Upon graduation from high school, those jobs are where alot of citizens USED to go to learn a viable occupation, learn skills, work their way up, and make a decent living.

Not anymore!

Excessive immigration has turned once respectable blue-collar occupations and crafts into working-poor, dead-end crapjobs.

And now we have a generation of citizens who have no occupational skills, and couldn't hammer a nail straight or saw a board square to save their lives.

I was an XG contractor in California for many years. From time to time, I had reason to go through job applications. Alot of green cards are applying for, and working at FedEx Ground. And people scratch their heads and wonder why wages there aren't much above minimum wage.

When the news media outlets spout that there is a shortage of labor, they are lying!
And then employers change their tune and say "oops, we meant 'qualified' labor." That's because employers don't want to train their workers anymore. They want a workforce that is ignorant, cheap, disposable, and easy to abuse. The ideal candidate? Go ahead, take a guess.

Make no mistake. If UPS goes on strike, there will be no shortage of qualified people who will cheerfully take those jobs (in California, at least.) And I, a well qualified occupationally displaced citizen, will be one of them.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: If you are a working class, blue collar citizen of this nation, no matter the origin of prospective immigrants, the borders are your picket line.

For better or for worse, (usually worse) what starts in and becomes the norm in California, eventually becomes the norm for the rest of the nation. And idiot, inbred, white-trash rednecks in the mid-west think it will never happen in their Jim-Bob-we, little hick towns.

As a fifth generation native of California, I am the Surgeon General's warning on a pack of cigarettes. I am the caricature of the disembodied fingers warning sticker on the side of your lawnmower. I am that dusty, forgotten old box of metal tipped lawn-darts from the 70's lurking in an attic. I am the canary in the mine shaft. And I'm telling you not to believe any so-called "shortage of labor we need more immigrants to pick our crops" nonsense.
Most of the dairy farm help in Wisconsin are Latino. No one else wants to do the job. Send them back home and these farms go under or milk prices go through the roof.
You want to stop illegal immigration, just fine the hell out of the people that hire them. If you don't build it they won't come!

Mutineer

illegal immigration,

I made no mention of illegal immigration. Excessive immigration is what I'm yammering about. And I made no mention of Latinos either. More than a few white South African immigrants are here, too.

I am at ground-zero of that particular issue. And during my lifetime I've watched it morph into the disaster that is my state.

And I would cheerfully pay $50 for a gallon of milk if that would make the problems I mention all go away.

And I had waaay too much caffeine this morning. Seriously, I'm not far from foaming at the mouth.

MAKAVELI

Not anymore!

You might want to actually try and do some research before grabbing your picket sign and heading to the border.
Southern California construction jobs: Only 3 states hired more workers! – Orange County Register
Federal salary data show Orange County with the region’s top-paid construction workers: averaging $69,576 annualized in 2017’s first three quarters, the latest stats available. That’s up 6.2 percent in a year and 18 percent over five years.

Los Angeles County construction workers’ pay ran at $61,845 annualized, up 4.4 percent in a year and 14 percent over five years. Building-industry pay in Riverside County averaged $54,149, up 3.2 percent in a year and 16 percent over five years. While in San Bernardino County, it was $58,136 — up 5.5 percent in a year and 12 percent since 2012.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
Corporate welfare to a foreign company. It is going to cost us Wisconsin taxpayers $4 BILLION. How is that a win?
I thought liberals like it when governments spend money to employ people. This is going to add lots of jobs, construction, road maintenance and the facility itself. Are you not entertained?