Immigration

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Turn the font down, wtf.

Look, if I sell strawberries, and I track my strawberry sales, I can see just when and where my sales went up or down.

There might be a quarter where sales jumped, or plummeted, but I’m not running my strawberry business on a monthly basis, I’m buying fertilizer, farm equipment, etc., I’m in this MTFKR long term, right?

In the same way, look at illegal immigration over a larger time-line, you’ll realize it’s actually down.

Math, it doesn’t lie.
Yours does!

floridays

Surprised that he wasn't livid because I used 'denigrate' as well. Reminds me of the old saying, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste. "
I was going to add to my post, "A mind is a terrible thing.......,." That's to funny, I see you offer the whole saying now. Kid has a low rent educational indoctrination, not an education. Probably has never had an original, intelligent thought. Just my opinion. Mr. Myth, hope the rest of your day is a great one, tomorrow as well.
floridays

I should have added his "education" is not his fault, and cogent thinking is not a product of his indoctrination. So there it is.

Last edited:

vantexan

So when he, in private, talked about Republican voters clinging to their guns and religion, you didn't find that a wee bit offensive? A bit condescending?

vantexan

Just politics.
Anybody who takes politics personally is not a politician.
I think when something is caught on tape that wasn't meant for public consumption it's more telling about the individual than all the speeches. That situation, the hot microphone that caught him telling the Russian president to tell Vladimir to be patient, Trump's grab them by the p***y remark, all give insights into who we're dealing with.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I think when something is caught on tape that wasn't meant for public consumption it's more telling about the individual than all the speeches. That situation, the hot microphone that caught him telling the Russian president to tell Vladimir to be patient, Trump's grab them by the p***y remark, all give insights into who we're dealing with.
Sounds good to me.
When a politician speaks , I assume they are lying.
With that as a base, you can understand how low a politician has to go before I even notice.

floridays

Just politics.
Anybody who takes politics personally is not a politician.
I remember the term "Statesman." Our country was founded by men of that stock. If not now, whatever time in history has this country needed statesmen?
The country is gone, it's lost. I thank God that Trump is attempting to delay the implosion that he doesn't even recognize is inevitable.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I remember the term "Statesman." Our country was founded by men of that stock. If not now, whatever time in history has this country needed statesmen?
The country is gone, it's lost. I thank God that Trump is attempting to delay the implosion that he doesn't even recognize is inevitable.
I remember writing a paper on ‘Statesmen’ in American Politics.
The last Statesman was Henry Clay and the gist was since the 1810 - 1850 period there has not been a professional politician that provided vision and efficacy simultaneously.
One could argue FDR Might be Clay’s equal but FDR was not exactly a scrupulous politician.

floridays

The last Statesman was Henry Clay and the gist was since the 1810 - 1850 period there has not been a professional politician that provided vision and efficacy simultaneously.
One could argue FDR Might be Clay’s equal but FDR was not exactly a scrupulous politician.
It may just be me but I couldn't even consider FDR as a statesman. He was an excellent wartime President, but his attempt at "court packing" excludes him from consideration. My opinion only, made on reflection of his actions and philosophy of government.

vantexan

Not even Lincoln?

vantexan

Don't forget John C. Calhoun.