Immigration

MAKAVELI

actually you're arguing semantics. I made the first post on this subject to the point that the US does not recognize dual citizenship.
in my references i also showed that the US does not do anything to anyone that has through some process acquired dual citizenship.
you folks have been trying to argue that point with semantics.
So by not requiring one to relinquish their foreign citizenship they're not recognizing dual citizenship? Got It.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So by not requiring one to relinquish their foreign citizenship they're not recognizing dual citizenship? Got It.
No, dip, by not OFFICIALLY recognizing dual citizenship, they're not recognizing dual citizenship. Allowing, and recognizing, are two distinct situations. NOW you've got it!

vantexan

No, dip, by not OFFICIALLY recognizing dual citizenship, they're not recognizing dual citizenship. Allowing, and recognizing, are two distinct situations. NOW you've got it!
What matters most to the U.S. is unless you renounce your citizenship you're on the hook for taxes no matter where you reside. There are generous exemptions for income earned overseas but above that they want their cut. Only they and one or two other countries, small ones, do this.

rickyb

americans are already overly concerned about immigration and there is no economic crisis unravelling (great recession event).

just wait till the next banking crisis, america and nazi germany might look increasingly comparable

Sportello

Sixty percent of voters polled agreed with the president’s argument that Democrats are more interested in "exploiting the nation's immigration issue for political gain,” compared to 34 percent of respondents who said Democrats are more interested in "resolving the nation's immigration issue."
And 54% believed that tRUmp was more interested in exploiting immigration for political gain.

It was not a good survey for you tRUmp lovers.

newfie

look at mak going for the consolation prize . enjoy your participaton trophy

trophy-patch-3D_1024x1024.jpg

MAKAVELI

I have to say this was one of my easiest trolls i have executed here. I knew you cuckholsters would kill yourself to jump all over this bait

Dorado.jpg
Read these two paragraphs very slowly and then please quote where it says us does not recognize dual citizenship.
Dual Nationality
U.S. law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one nationality or another. A U.S. citizen may naturalize in a foreign state without any risk to his or her U.S. citizenship. However, persons who acquire a foreign nationality after age 18 by applying for it may relinquish their U.S. nationality if they wish to do so. In order to relinquish U.S. nationality by virtue of naturalization as a citizen of a foreign state, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign nationality voluntarily and with the intention to relinquish U.S. nationality. Intent may be shown by the person’s statements and conduct.

Dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries, and either country has the right to enforce its laws. It is important to note the problems attendant to dual nationality. Claims of other countries upon U.S. dual-nationals often place them in situations where their obligations to one country are in conflict with the laws of the other. In addition, their dual nationality may hamper efforts of the U.S. Government to provide consular protection to them when they are abroad, especially when they are in the country of their second nationality.

newfie

Read these two paragraphs very slowly and then please quote where it says us does not recognize dual citizenship.
Dual Nationality
U.S. law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one nationality or another. A U.S. citizen may naturalize in a foreign state without any risk to his or her U.S. citizenship. However, persons who acquire a foreign nationality after age 18 by applying for it may relinquish their U.S. nationality if they wish to do so. In order to relinquish U.S. nationality by virtue of naturalization as a citizen of a foreign state, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign nationality voluntarily and with the intention to relinquish U.S. nationality. Intent may be shown by the person’s statements and conduct.

Dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries, and either country has the right to enforce its laws. It is important to note the problems attendant to dual nationality. Claims of other countries upon U.S. dual-nationals often place them in situations where their obligations to one country are in conflict with the laws of the other. In addition, their dual nationality may hamper efforts of the U.S. Government to provide consular protection to them when they are abroad, especially when they are in the country of their second nationality.

you're still wrong . the US does not recognize dual citizenship . man this is the best fishing bait ever

MixedAnxiousGermanspitz.gif

newfie

Yeah umum findlaw is not a government website. Try telling another big fish story. You seem to be very good at that.

oh look maks back begging for more, 30 posts later he finally reads some of my information. god I hope we dont have to do another 30 posts before you reference the rest.