Immigration

Mutineer

Do you think these parents aren’t aware of the dangers? They still see it as the best option. I don’t think you fully appreciate the situation they live in.
As a native Californian, sadly I do "appreciate the situation they live in."
Because they bring their "situation" and all their baggage with them. And perpetuate it in the area I live in.
People who advocate excessive immigration either profit from, and/or are insulated from it's negative effects.
Too expensive. Legalize drugs and prostitution, tax and regulate the industries and eliminate the funding the cartels operate on. Everybody wins.
I agree. Although instead of "legalize", I think "decriminalize" is more appropriate. And not so fast and eager with the "tax and regulate."

California has done that with cannabis. And the legal dealers are taxed and regulated so that the prices of their products very much reflect the associated costs of being legal. People are STILL getting busted for smuggling pot!

From what I gather, despite being legalized and regulated, the supply and demand for black market pot seems unchanged.

MAKAVELI

Banned
As a native Californian, sadly I do "appreciate the situation they live in."
Because they bring their "situation" and all their baggage with them. And perpetuate it in the area I live in.
People who advocate excessive immigration either profit from, and/or are insulated from it's negative effects.

I agree. Although instead of "legalize", I think "decriminalize" is more appropriate. And not so fast and eager with the "tax and regulate."

California has done that with cannabis. And the legal dealers are taxed and regulated so that the prices of their products very much reflect the associated costs of being legal. People are STILL getting busted for smuggling pot!

From what I gather, despite being legalized and regulated, the supply and demand for black market pot seems unchanged.
It remains unchanged for the rest of the country that doesn't have legal weed. But it most definitely has changed here in California.

Mutineer

It remains unchanged for the rest of the country that doesn't have legal weed. But it most definitely has changed here in California.
I do not partake. However, in my area, the people I have known for most of my life that often smoke have not changed their habits of how they have been obtaining it.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I do not partake. However, in my area, the people I have known for most of my life that often smoke have not changed their habits of how they have been obtaining it.
An increase in supply has and legalization has lowered the cost and demand for illegal weed. In California you can grow it yourself, go to a dispensary or someone who sells it illegally. A lot more options for the average smoker. The big illegal growers biggest customers are out of state.

Mutineer

An increase in supply has and legalization has lowered the cost and demand for illegal weed. In California you can grow it yourself, go to a dispensary or someone who sells it illegally. A lot more options for the average smoker. The big illegal growers biggest customers are out of state.
Your explanation is sensible. The people I know have always seemed self-sufficient with their pot. They've always had an in-law or a friend of a friend that grows it.

As for myself, pot only makes me more paranoid, and dumber than I already am. Those are not good traits.
Therefore, I could find no good reason to continue the practice.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Your explanation is sensible. The people I know have always seemed self-sufficient with their pot. They've always had an in-law or a friend of a friend that grows it.

As for myself, pot only makes me more paranoid, and dumber than I already am. Those are not good traits.
Yeah there's a lot people that have that kind of reaction to weed. But the science and varieties of of cannabis has advanced so much that there's probably a strain for you that wouldn't have that effect.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Too expensive. Legalize drugs and prostitution, tax and regulate the industries and eliminate the funding the cartels operate on. Everybody wins.
"A scientific survey of State prisoners conducted by the
U.S. Department of Justice found that 62 percent of the prison
population has a history of violence, and 94 percent of our
State prisoners committed one or more violent crimes or served
a previous sentence of incarceration. Between 1994 and 1996,
over 90 percent of all State prisoners were violent offenders
or recidivists.
The closer one looks into the criminal conviction history
of prisoners, the clearer it becomes that there are almost no
petty, nonviolent, or first time felons behind bars who pose no
real threat to our public safety and who simply do not deserve
to be incarcerated."
"During the 1960's, I saw a great change occur in our
society. I saw young people become involved in the use of all
types of drugs, originally the so-called soft drugs--marijuana,
hashish, hallucinogenic drugs--and there became almost a
cultural divide between my generation and the generation that
followed.
Unfortunately, I watched as leading people in many of our
universities and opinion leaders started to address narcotics
and the use of narcotics as if it was a rite of passage, and in
many ways that it was something that was a civil right, that
people could do what they wanted with their own bodies. The
availability of drugs in so many segments of our society over
the last 30 years has created profound damage, I believe, not
only to individuals, families, neighborhoods, but entire cities
and sometimes our entire society."

You are a proponent of the end of civilized society. May you be the first to experience the effects.

It will be fine

"A scientific survey of State prisoners conducted by the
U.S. Department of Justice found that 62 percent of the prison
population has a history of violence, and 94 percent of our
State prisoners committed one or more violent crimes or served
a previous sentence of incarceration. Between 1994 and 1996,
over 90 percent of all State prisoners were violent offenders
or recidivists.
The closer one looks into the criminal conviction history
of prisoners, the clearer it becomes that there are almost no
petty, nonviolent, or first time felons behind bars who pose no
real threat to our public safety and who simply do not deserve
to be incarcerated."
"During the 1960's, I saw a great change occur in our
society. I saw young people become involved in the use of all
types of drugs, originally the so-called soft drugs--marijuana,
hashish, hallucinogenic drugs--and there became almost a
cultural divide between my generation and the generation that
followed.
Unfortunately, I watched as leading people in many of our
universities and opinion leaders started to address narcotics
and the use of narcotics as if it was a rite of passage, and in
many ways that it was something that was a civil right, that
people could do what they wanted with their own bodies. The
availability of drugs in so many segments of our society over
the last 30 years has created profound damage, I believe, not
only to individuals, families, neighborhoods, but entire cities
and sometimes our entire society."

You are a proponent of the end of civilized society. May you be the first to experience the effects.
Lol. I bet you think we are “winning” the war on drugs. I can’t imagine the delusional thinking that would lead to that conclusion.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Lol. I bet you think we are “winning” the war on drugs. I can’t imagine the delusional thinking that would lead to that conclusion.
LOL, I bet you are confused about Portugal's decriminalization of drugs. You are delusional if you think they made them legal.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yeah there's a lot people that have that kind of reaction to weed. But the science and varieties of of cannabis has advanced so much that there's probably a strain for you that wouldn't have that effect.
I’ve seen plenty of kids go into full blown inconsolable panic attacks from hitting some weed. We let this one guy who hung with us hit some platinum og kush and he had to have his mom come pick him up and take him to the hospital. Platinum og kush was probably the top shelf indica at the time, if it’s not still.

El Correcto

god is dead

You missed out on the real fun. If you stay committed and abuse marijuana daily, you’ll get a super :censored2:ed up stomach. Mine is still weak years later and I haven’t smoke weed in about 5-6 years.

rickyb

I’ve seen plenty of kids go into full blown inconsolable panic attacks from hitting some weed. We let this one guy who hung with us hit some platinum og kush and he had to have his mom come pick him up and take him to the hospital. Platinum og kush was probably the top shelf indica at the time, if it’s not still.
why did this happen?

was your :censored2: legal or illegal?