Immigration

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Volunteers needed to help control the influx along the southern border.

All those kids in cages ( average age is 17 ) need diaper changers.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
So you want Americans to pay for something he promised Mexico would pay for?
They did pay...

You think Mexico using their military, keeping migrants in their country, bolstering their southern border didn't cost them anything?

All that is now gone, we now have open arms with open borders hurting those coming in and hurting the U.S....

Last week when that elated group of illegals in the SUV who were invited by Biden broke through the border wall and 13+ were killed, Well, That's on Biden. The newly caged children being separated from their parents again, on Biden. Total mess that the border has become in just a short time, Biden again.

Sad, and a unnecessary crisis created by Biden... Or does he even know what's happening?

This is what happens when you have incompetence trying to run the country. He can't even keep his own dogs under control let alone the border. lmao.

Biden family dogs sent back to Delaware after Major bites White House guard: reports

The “First Dogs” are in the dog house — for now.

The pet pooches of President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden were sent back to their home in Delaware after one of them bit a White House guard, according to reports.

vantexan

I thought the wall was really Mexico stopping all the migrants at their southern border? How did they all get here so fast?
You apparently haven't been watching. The Mexican president has pulled his troops and told Biden that he wasn't going to be told what to do. Meanwhile Biden made it clear he was going to seek a path to citizenship for the illegals here. And now instead of asylum seekers waiting in Mexico, if they show up with a kid they're given an asylum hearing date and released into the States with a bus ticket to wherever they want to go. And the border patrol is so busy they aren't guarding completed sections of the wall. Cartels have been destroying sections of it.

Mutineer

Americans more than pay for it one way or another with all the crime, incarcerations, and public assistance. Not to mention depressing wages.
...and having a significant negative effect in areas experiencing a severe housing shortage.

My step-sister (much younger than me) was a section 8 housing, working-poor mom. She got her act together, went to college, and got a $75k a year job. Now, she is struggling to find a place available to rent and had to move back home!

In this area of California when I was a young adult it was not a stretch to leave your parent's home, get a crappy entry level job, find a room-mate, rent a dumpy little shack somewhere, and start an independent adult life of incremental prosperity.

Over the past thirty years two major shifts have occurred: A flood of rich newcomers bought vast areas of farm, ranch, and dairy land. And planted wine grapes (lately it's been pot, also) and with them, attracted a very large horde of immigrant labor. Unlike the farm, ranch, and dairy owners that preceded them, these people DID NOT provide worker housing on their properties for the very large number of the working-poor people their industry attracted.

And so it's easy to understand the problem: Rich, white liberals and their pet protected entourage running amok.

MAKAVELI

Banned
...and having a significant negative effect in areas experiencing a severe housing shortage.

My step-sister (much younger than me) was a section 8 housing, working-poor mom. She got her act together, went to college, and got a $75k a year job. Now, she is struggling to find a place available to rent and had to move back home!

In this area of California when I was a young adult it was not a stretch to leave your parent's home, get a crappy entry level job, find a room-mate, rent a dumpy little shack somewhere, and start an independent adult life of incremental prosperity.

Over the past thirty years two major shifts have occurred: A flood of rich newcomers bought vast areas of farm, ranch, and dairy land. And planted wine grapes (lately it's been pot, also) and with them, attracted a very large horde of immigrant labor. Unlike the farm, ranch, and dairy owners that preceded them, these people DID NOT provide worker housing on their properties for the very large number of the working-poor people their industry attracted.

And so it's easy to understand the problem: Rich, white liberals and their pet protected entourage running amok.
Most farm owners out in California are republican. 🤣

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Exclusive: 'Migrant president' Biden stirs Mexican angst over boom time for gangs

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico’s government is worried the new U.S. administration’s asylum policies are stoking illegal immigration and creating business for organized crime, according to officials and internal assessments seen by Reuters.

“They see him as the migrant president, and so many feel they’re going to reach the United States,” Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said of Biden the morning after a virtual meeting with his U.S. counterpart on March 1.

“We need to work together to regulate the flow, because this business can’t be tackled from one day to the next.”

Way to go Joe...

Mutineer

Most farm owners out in California are republican. 🤣
Indeed. The irony.

But the Tesla-driving, vineyard-winery-pot farm newcomers...probly not so much.

And unlike their republican predecessors, (I used to know many of these people and their families, all long gone) are NOT providing housing for their workers. And dumping them upon the local citizens to clog traffic and housing.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Indeed. The irony.

But the Tesla-driving, vineyard-winery-pot farm newcomers...probly not so much.

And unlike their republican predecessors, (I used to know many of these people and their families, all long gone) are NOT providing housing for their workers. And dumping them upon the local citizens to clog traffic and housing.
I think there's a lot more to it than just cheap labor. American culture just doesn't believe in working those type of jobs. If these farms were too exclusively higher legal workers they simply wouldn't have enough workers for the job. The people that come across the border no job is beneath them to better their lives.

vantexan

I think there's a lot more to it than just cheap labor. American culture just doesn't believe in working those type of jobs. If these farms were too exclusively higher legal workers they simply wouldn't have enough workers for the job. The people that come across the border no job is beneath them to better their lives.
But automation is coming which will eliminate most of these jobs. What are you going to do with all the people who are coming across now? Pretty certain the crop picking jobs are already full up.

MAKAVELI

Banned
But automation is coming which will eliminate most of these jobs. What are you going to do with all the people who are coming across now? Pretty certain the crop picking jobs are already full up.
There is still a lot of crops that have to be picked by hand. It's sort of like delivery jobs. Yeah in the distant future they'll be self-driving trucks but it's going to be a while before that happens.

vantexan

There is still a lot of crops that have to be picked by hand. It's sort of like delivery jobs. Yeah in the distant future they'll be self-driving trucks but it's going to be a while before that happens.
But why do we need to let them keep streaming across the border? Pretty sure there are plenty already picking crops.

vantexan

They've already got self driving tractors plowing with GPS.