Iran

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's none of your business, BUT I don't interact with wkmac (except sometimes) and it been like that for years. We co-exist. What are you trying to do.....?

wkmac

It is a widely held belief that any Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear facilities will, out of both necessity and mutual interest, involve the tacit cooperation of Saudi Arabia.

Israeli aircraft lack the range to make it to Iran and back without refueling. Air-to-air refueling over enemy airspace is problematic, especially given Israels limited tanker resources. They will need a land base, or at the very least airspace free of enemy fighters in order to refuel their strike aircraft. One look at a map will show the likely location of both options, especially in light of the fact that the Saudis fear Iran's nuclear ambitions as much if not more than Israel does.

There is an alliance in the Middle East unspoken of in public circles between the Saudis, Israel, Turkey, Pakistan and US. The fall of Saddam was seen as benefit to the US and Israel but it was also a win for Saudi as well. Iran and Syria are seen as target from a Saudi position because of it's being dominated by the Shia' muslim faction as opposed to the Sunni dominance in Saudi Arabia.

I don't take the talking points in the forum of public discourse as total truth. There are backstories and history and knowing those helps to see through some of the fog of public disclosure to the masses.

wkmac

It is a widely held belief that any Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear facilities will, out of both necessity and mutual interest, involve the tacit cooperation of Saudi Arabia.

Israeli aircraft lack the range to make it to Iran and back without refueling. Air-to-air refueling over enemy airspace is problematic, especially given Israels limited tanker resources. They will need a land base, or at the very least airspace free of enemy fighters in order to refuel their strike aircraft. One look at a map will show the likely location of both options, especially in light of the fact that the Saudis fear Iran's nuclear ambitions as much if not more than Israel does.

There is an alliance in the Middle East unspoken of in public circles between the Saudis, Israel, Turkey, Pakistan and US. The fall of Saddam was seen as benefit to the US and Israel but it was also a win for Saudi as well. Iran and Syria are seen as target from a Saudi position because of it's being dominated by the Shia' muslim faction as opposed to the Sunni dominance in Saudi Arabia.

I don't take the talking points in the forum of public discourse as total truth. There are backstories and history and knowing those helps to see through some of the fog of public disclosure to the masses.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's none of your business, BUT I don't interact with wkmac (except sometimes) and it been like that for years. We co-exist. What are you trying to do.....?

I just find it quite interesting that while wkmac and I said basically the same thing (although he did use bigger words) in response to your baseless claim that Iran is a nuclear threat to the US, you replied to me, albeit with a selective quote, yet said nothing to wkmac. Interesting. Perhaps the waters of the current event pool are too deep for such a shallow mind.

island1fox

No they wont. If you look at the military history of Isreal over the last 50 years the one constant truth is that they will not hesitate to attack pre-emptively when they feel their survival is at stake. They didnt get our permission in '67, they didnt get our permission in '81 when they bombed Osirak, and they didnt get our permission when they bombed the Syrian site. I highly doubt they would bother asking for our permission now.

Sober,

How can you be so sure ? Of course everything our Government does is "transparent"

I prefer to believe --the U.S. not only knew but absolutely approved.

With our "better" relationship with Israel and Obama today ----there may be a possibility of a non sanctioned hit :devil3: