Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Almost

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Playing lotto

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clarnzz

While above those averages I am nowhere near the 6 times your annual income that is recommended by the time you are 50. Been maxing it out for a few years now after just trickling it in the previous 25 years. its difficult living within your means, by the time you pay taxes, max your 401k and pay necessary bills there isn’t a lot left, it’s pretty painful to do when everyone around you is buying $70,000 trucks , $300,000+ houses and going on fancy vacations a couple times a year.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Can’t even log in to view my 401k 🤔

anyway to get paper statements? , I’ll probably get ready to retire and they’ll say ohhh uh we don’t see it our website isn’t working

WHERES MY CASH
🧔‍♂️✊

clarnzz

It’s tough to balance it out in your mind, either yolo away in your peak earning years and have as much fun and nice things as possible or think about being able to not work at all comfortably 8-10 years in the future which is always hard to predict anyways.

clarnzz

It's just like planning a vacation.
Sometimes you leave the house later than you want to.
Sometimes you have heavy traffic due to construction

Or maybe get a flat tire
If all the Joneses would just settle down a little bit so things would stop getting more expensive every month it would be easier, but they refuse to stop.

I like you, and yes, proud to be debt free other than mortgage and wife’s car payment.
If you stay out of death you may never be rich but you will never be poor its a good feeling

Unfortunately the younger generations do not know the difference between wants and needs.
We all like nice things and we all work hard for our money but we can't be foolish about it

clarnzz

If you stay out of death you may never be rich but you will never be poor its a good feeling

Unfortunately the younger generations do not know the difference between wants and needs.
We all like nice things and we all work hard for our money but we can't be foolish about it
Good luck getting through to them all, if they can currently afford the monthly payment that means they can afford it.

Good luck getting through to them all, if they can currently afford the monthly payment that means they can afford it.
People not realize how much they spend on other.
You cannot claim I cannot pay my rent or mortgage or my credit card bills, if you're starting to get a cup of coffee every morning going out to dinner a couple times a week and going to the movies

clarnzz

People not realize how much they spend on other.
You cannot claim I cannot pay my rent or mortgage or my credit card bills, if you're starting to get a cup of coffee every morning going out to dinner a couple times a week and going to the movies
So true, even a trip through a drive thru with a family of 5 has become cringeworthy these days, but everyone has to maintain their image so they have good pictures to share on social media.