ISIS aka The Islamic State

Rainman

Its all good.
So he lied When he claimed that he left behind a stable and self reliant Iraq?

I do happen to agree with you that team Obama has been completely incompetent if that's your admission.
It's not that he's incompetent. He's accomplishing what he set out to do, more so than most presidents. It's too bad that his goals are ruining our nation.
Wait a few years, when electricity prices rise dramatically because of government over regulation. Then you'll understand what I mean.
The man is neither a fool nor incompetent. It's his ideas that will significantly alter the future of our nation if he has his way. Unfortunately, it will be too late to fix things by then.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

BrownArmy

It's not that he's incompetent. He's accomplishing what he set out to do, more so than most presidents. It's too bad that his goals are ruining our nation.
Wait a few years, when electricity prices rise dramatically because of government over regulation. Then you'll understand what I mean.
The man is neither a fool nor incompetent. It's his ideas that will significantly alter the future of our nation if he has his way. Unfortunately, it will be too late to fix things by then...

You assume too much, and give too much credit to our 'leader'.

Any 'President' is a weak figure at best, a heel at worst.

He's a figurehead, nothing more, nothing less.

Follow the money, and realize who controls this movie.

Hint - it ain't Obama.

wkmac

Returning momentarily to the Afghanistan issue, seems now there's a new play on the board. After the invasion of Afghanistan, several alternative sources made this same claim but because they weren't of official channels, they were ignored. Seems now they've been vindicated.

wkmac

Baba's "research" consists of listening to Rush, Hannity, Levine, or one of the usual suspects. Once they provide an opinion, Baba mimics his masters and makes their opinion his.

Not sure on that. TOS is the expert in residence here on the above mentioned personalities and I've yet to hear TOS give such summary of any of their broadcasts. Come to think of it, their broadcasts must be really boring going by TOS' observations. TOS always sez the same thing over and over so I assume the broadcasts reflect that.

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Returning momentarily to the Afghanistan issue, seems now there's a new play on the board. After the invasion of Afghanistan, several alternative sources made this same claim but because they weren't of official channels, they were ignored. Seems now they've been vindicated.
That 'news' is four years old, and anyway, the Chinese have the inside track to Afghanistan's mineral rights.

June 14th, 2010 article:
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/06/14/china-us-afghanistan-mineral-mining/

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Baba's "research" consists of listening to Rush, Hannity, Levine, or one of the usual suspects. Once they provide an opinion, Baba mimics his masters and makes their opinion his.
Boy are you so wrong , as usual .
I do not listen to any of them .
Sometimes I do listen to Howie Carr , only because he is funny . You have to listen to his "death pool " segments .

and yes TOS is the only poster here who constantly repeats what ever Rush has to say .

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Hint - it ain't Obama.
If a president is basically just a figure head with little power, how come you blamed Bush for everything.

Rainman

Its all good.

Hint - it ain't Obama.
I agree totally with your idea that he is a figurehead, controlled from behind the scenes. I believe 99% of our leaders are controlled the same. I also believe that as long as the goals of the controllers are met, the figureheads have a certain amount discretion. It's his discretion and/or the controllers objectives that are screwing things up for normal people like you and me. When the shiz hits the fan, the people behind the scenes will have the money to ride things out and capitalize on the situation, while we will be royally screwed.
If more people realized this, maybe we could change things.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Not sure on that. TOS is the expert in residence here on the above mentioned personalities and I've yet to hear TOS give such summary of any of their broadcasts. Come to think of it, their broadcasts must be really boring going by TOS' observations. TOS always sez the same thing over and over so I assume the broadcasts reflect that.

Thats the point WKmc, those shows are nothing more the repetitious crap, over and over, saying the same things until they become true to people like baba, oldgray, island, av8 and moreluck.

It shows in their posts.

As was stated, all you have to do is read what they post, then compare that to the days talking points of any right wing show either on tv or on the air, and presto..

You have "all" their thoughts combined.

Only problem is, they think they are thinking it up.

TOS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thats the point WKmc, those shows are nothing more the repetitious crap, over and over, saying the same things until they become true to people like baba, oldgray, island, av8 and moreluck.

It shows in their posts.

As was stated, all you have to do is read what they post, then compare that to the days talking points of any right wing show either on tv or on the air, and presto..

TOS.
While I may agree with you, I perceive you doing the exact same thing using your liberal sources like MSNBC, Huffington, LA Times.
Just flip sides of the same coin.
I tried posting in Current Events but no one seems to want rational intelligent discussion of the issues.
Carry on.

Rainman

Its all good.

It shows in their posts.

TOS.
Maybe if multiple people are saying the same thing, they just may be right. Just a thought.

moreluck

golden ticket member

It shows in their posts.

TOS.
I'm watching Pawn Stars or Kardashian reruns or 19 Kids and you think I'm watching all these Fox shows.......it's kind of like your obsessed with the idea that you know our TV & radio diet.
You know diddley!!

BrownArmy

If a president is basically just a figure head with little power, how come you blamed Bush for everything.

Well, to be fair, I haven't blamed Bush for 'everything'.

If you look back on my posts, I've mostly blamed the Bush administration, not Bush himself.

Wolfowitz, Cheney, et. al.

It may shock you, but I have a high degree of respect for Bush Jr. He was tenacious in carrying forth the doctrine of what he believed was true.

I didn't happen to agree with him, but I respected him in the sense of how he followed through with what he personally believed was correct.

But, back to the point, I mostly bring up Bush in these recent conversations to add a counterpoint to all the Obama-haters (I love playing devils' advocate).

Most of the accusations against Obama, if you fuzz your eyes a little bit, are the exact same accusations against Bush.

Funny, isn't it?

For all the exact same reasons that the Obama-haters give for their dislike of Obama, they will 'like' Bush, in the exact same scenario or situation.

It is what it is.