ISIS aka The Islamic State

BrownArmy

As to our 'campaign' against the new-flavor terrorist group (IS):

I'm not sure how we'll find success.

Bush Jr. declared that we would 'destroy' Al Qaeda...poor results.

We tried in Iraq/Afghanistan for over a decade... middling results.

We're just making more 'enemies' with every step we take.

It seems we're creating our own problems.

(there's either a reason or not...you decide...)

wkmac

As to our 'campaign' against the new-flavor terrorist group (IS):

I'm not sure how we'll find success.

Bush Jr. declared that we would 'destroy' Al Qaeda...poor results.

We tried in Iraq/Afghanistan for over a decade... middling results.

We're just making more 'enemies' with every step we take.

It seems we're creating our own problems.

(there's either a reason or not...you decide...)

Funny how our gov't wanted so bad a year or so ago to invade Syria and masses of people voiced disapproval and the plan was shelved.

Year of so later we get this ISIS deal and now we seem to have our invasion.

I'm becoming a believer in coincidence theory!

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Funny how our gov't wanted so bad a year or so ago to invade Syria and masses of people voiced disapproval and the plan was shelved.

Year of so later we get this ISIS deal and now we seem to have our invasion.

I'm becoming a believer in coincidence theory!
I don't remember the entire gov't wanting war in Syria. I remember the usual neo-cons on both sides wanting war, but President Obama resisting.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Chinese radicals from Xinjiang join Islamic State - Globe and Mail

By announcing that its citizens have joined Islamic State, China echoed fears expressed by Western countries – that the violence in the Middle East poses a domestic threat because foreign-trained fighters could return to mount attacks in their home countries.

Until now, China has not offered any assistance to the U.S.-led campaign against IS and its sole reaction to the chaos in Syria and Iraq has been to withdraw its citizens. Chinese officials routinely say they do not interfere with the affairs of other nations. But China, as one of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council, may now face pressure to get more involved in global counterterrorism efforts.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Chinese radicals from Xinjiang join Islamic State - Globe and Mail

By announcing that its citizens have joined Islamic State, China echoed fears expressed by Western countries – that the violence in the Middle East poses a domestic threat because foreign-trained fighters could return to mount attacks in their home countries.

Until now, China has not offered any assistance to the U.S.-led campaign against IS and its sole reaction to the chaos in Syria and Iraq has been to withdraw its citizens. Chinese officials routinely say they do not interfere with the affairs of other nations. But China, as one of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council, may now face pressure to get more involved in global counterterrorism efforts.

That would be nothing short of amazing if China jumped in as well. I know that our ambassador to the UN supports direct action against genocidal maniacs, of which IS most certainly is. She wrote a great book some years back that is well worth the time to read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Problem_from_Hell

moreluck

golden ticket member
154101_600.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama Forbids FBI to Use Religion in Identifying Terror Threats, as ISIS Recruits Openly in U.S. Mosques

The FBI has been handcuffed in terms of investigating religious extremists in mosques, as a result of guidelines put out by the attorney general earlier this year. And so therefore, there is… a definite problem now in investigating those militants in the United States who are either recruiting for ISIS or have returned from Syria or Iraq having fought for ISIS, and are ready to carry out freelance or directed terrorist attacks on behalf of ISIS against the United States…

the Department of Justice [which] put out guidelines that restricted the FBI and other law enforcement agencies from using religious factors in identifying threats, national security threats to the United States in the homeland.