Israel

rickyb

Indeed. Because they got curb stomped and they'd had enough.

Don't worry, honey. It can happen for Russia again in Ukraine. :)

"The war in Afghanistan became a quagmire for what by the late 1980s was a disintegrating Soviet Union. (The Soviets suffered some 15,000 dead and many more injured.) Despite having failed to implement a sympathetic regime in Afghanistan, in 1988 the Soviet Union signed an accord with the United States, Pakistan, and Afghanistan and agreed to withdraw its troops. The Soviet withdrawal was completed on February 15, 1989"
i hope diplomacy succeeds in ukraine against USA's wishes and the war ends

vantexan

diplomacy means russian invasion is over

hard to imagine i know
Diplomacy ends the war ONLY if both sides agree to the terms. If Russia won't settle for less than the Donbas or Ukraine refuses to give up any territory then they'll fight until one gives in. Diplomacy was tried with Hitler before WWII but he wouldn't settle for just some concessions. He wanted everything.

rickyb

“Diplomacy” meaning you hope Ukraine surrenders and gives Vladdy Daddy what he wants. They’re fighting because they want to be free and I think you know that.
you should learn about diplomacy

btw europe passed some agreements and it led to 100 year of mostly peace

rickyb

Diplomacy ends the war ONLY if both sides agree to the terms. If Russia won't settle for less than the Donbas or Ukraine refuses to give up any territory then they'll fight until one gives in. Diplomacy was tried with Hitler before WWII but he wouldn't settle for just some concessions. He wanted everything.
lack of diplomacy is what led to hitler in part

Box Ox

chomsky calls weaponizing ukraine a sick experiment. if it back fires its nuclear war. ukraine may also be destroyed

Chomsky needs to get up from under Putin's desk.

Most free countries will gladly continue fighting to remain free over surrendering to an authoritarian dictator. Even if it could mean their complete destruction.

I'm starting to think that maybe you don't actually understand that because as you've said before, you don't believe those in western societies are actually free.

Maybe you've got a more positive conception of what life under Putin would be like. Which would make sense, given that Russian state media is just your thing. I'll buy you a plane ticket to Moscow if you want since the UK isn't gonna work out.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Most free countries will gladly continue fighting to remain free over surrendering to an authoritarian dictator. Even if it could mean their complete destruction.

I'm starting to think that maybe you don't actually understand that because as you've said before, you don't believe those in western societies are actually free.

Maybe you've got a more positive conception of what life under Putin would be like. Which would make sense, given that Russian state media is just your thing. I'll buy you a plane ticket to Moscow if you want since the UK isn't gonna work out.
Wonder how Snowden is doing. Ricky could shack up with him over there.

rickyb

diplomacy worked in europe for about 100 years

im starting to think u need to stop watching MSM and change ur news