It’s about to get real here in 705!

cachmeifucan

No soon you will see 705 get the best contract no 22.4 and more 22.3 jobs and pension increase 15 starting pay and catch up raises. It's a local election years do the other slate is forcing our current slate to negotiate hard because if they don't they could get voted out.
They don’t want to here that. Soon enough they will feel the heavy hand of Junior

bowhnterdon

Did you see what Freight was offered during second round of negotiations? Very little was changed and Ups made it clear, there is no more money. 705 will have to strike to get what they want. And even then, I don’t think they will get it...

F

Frankie's Friend

705 will have to strike to get what they want. And even then, I don’t think they will get it...

I disrespectfully disagree.
It's a great time to stare down the company.
I hope they get rid of the 22.4 scourge.

Heck, our building management is pushing the less than 9.5 dispatch across the board.

We dont need 22.4s.

Waldo

I’m totally down to strike. Granted I don’t have a wife or kids to support so it’s easier for me to go through it. I get the bonus and would need that $15 to stay when the bonuses go away. It costs me $20 in gas and tolls to/from work everyday so $13 won’t cut it for me. I think the company will cave in to our demands fairly quickly if a strike occurred. They can’t afford not to during peak season.

F

Frankie's Friend

I’m totally down to strike. Granted I don’t have a wife or kids to support so it’s easier for me to go through it. I get the bonus and would need that $15 to stay when the bonuses go away. It costs me $20 in gas and tolls to/from work everyday so $13 won’t cut it for me. I think the company will cave in to our demands fairly quickly if a strike occurred. They can’t afford not to during peak season.
:strikesmileys:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What do you drive that costs $20 a day

69 hoopmobile ?

Try a tuneup

BuckyBadger

I talked to a couple feeder drivers that come out of Chicago, and they were saying package thinks a strike is imminent for 705. Of course, negotiations today could take a turn for the better.

705 strikes, 710 might as well.

babboo25

Banned
I talked to a couple feeder drivers that come out of Chicago, and they were saying package thinks a strike is imminent for 705. Of course, negotiations today could take a turn for the better.

Cach always wants to strike, management is terrible up there i heard, harassment to the extreme

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I wouldn’t trust anything a feeder driver says....they gossip 100x worse than a bunch of old ladies at del Boca vista retirement community

cachmeifucan

I don't think a strike is going to happen. I think our negotiation team will get us a better contract will we get everything no but it will be way better then national. It being a local election month puts our current leader in a bind if he doesn't do anything they fear being voted out so hopefully after the local election he still follows through and keeps his word. The new slate probably isn't qualified to negotiate our new contract so is very important that moving forward slate wins but people are mad and might take anger out on the local instead of the real problem is our national handcuffs us to hogwash

WorkingAsDirected

It being a local election month puts our current leader in a bind if he doesn't do anything they fear being voted out so hopefully after the local election he still follows through and keeps his word. The new slate probably isn't qualified to negotiate our new contract so is very important that moving forward slate wins but people are mad and might take anger out on the local instead of the real problem is our national handcuffs us to hogwash

The moving forward slate knows that they have 0 chance of being voted out. You were at the union meeting Sunday and saw the other slate choosing not to debate or take questions. They were a joke.

cachmeifucan

It's why we vote it's always a chance. People at cach are mad. Most people support moving forward but I wouldn't take other slate lightly. The new hires bonus got part time employee really upset and maybe they take the frustration out in voting for change. Your right the other slate scared me they couldn't even turn around and face the members they should of been able to debate even if they were not ready they should of had at least 10 reasons why they think they could do better they couldn't do that they looked nervous but just by running they hold moving forward feet to the fire and keep democracy alive. I think last time moving forward won around 3,600 votes the other slate had 1200 I think it was a 3rd slate that won 500 votes. So nothing is a cake walk. I haven't seen new slate flier yet so not sure the angle they will use to syphon off votes or are they just doing this to help get a spot in moving forward

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Ask a feeder driver how much seasonal feeder drivers will be making and their bonus at the end if they are available all days that they Are asked to come in... it’s more than a regular feeder driver if you factor in the bonus

No seasonal feeder driver is making more than me, I can assure you.