It’s about to get real here in 705!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You never miss an opportunity at a jab to the folks that pay your salary
do you

My Local has a strong history, of retiree's still being involved.

They just don't sit back and rest on their "perceived" laurels.

What have you done lately ?

If anything at all....

Just curious.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

If anything at all....

Just curious.

-Bug-
I heard there was a "retiree" at the Conference Meeting recently???

Is it true?

Just curious.

~Bbbl~™

cachmeifucan

Many retired employees come to meeting they are not allowed in when voting and sit in a special area. they have alot of influence information and experience. Here in 705 some retired employees started a group to keep members educated. They will be meeting this week again so we should all know more Friday. If negotiations stall we will be taking a strike authorization vote very soon

F

Frankie's Friend

If anything at all....

Just curious.

-Bug-
What do you retirees do in and for your local?
Serious question.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What do you retirees do in and for your local?
Serious question.

Valid question.

Even though their participation is limited.... they assist in member events,

Local Union meetings, and social gatherings for retirees only.

They even have their own office and phone number at the Union hall.

After all.... they are retired. ;)

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sound about right ?

Maybe.

You can thank the 22.4 debacle for this

22.4s start at normal start time few pickups and deliver whatever

Rcpds start at 11 delver and make pickups off in 8 hours

Not hard to follow where this is going

What sounds about right....

@burrheadd has all this time, to speculate on possible contract issues that

don't affect him. But, doesn't take the time to get involved with things that matter.

Just say'n.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

Maybe.

don't affect him. But, doesn't take the time to get involved with things that matter.

Just say'n.

-Bug-
To be fair, I dont think anyone on here has a fair assessment of what someone else does or doesnt do because most of the time their support and involvement is done locally and without grandstanding.

There's always more to the story.

But when it's all said and done each member knows in their own heart if they are a real Teamster or just a parasite.

IMO, Keeping your head down doesnt mean that you wont take a bullet anyway. It means you were too cowardly to look the situation in the eye, see it coming, and do something about it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Maybe.

Just say'n.

-Bug-
What "sounds about right" to me, is that you two may be in love with one another and don't know how to properly express yourselves???

I chaperoned an 8th grade dance Saturday night and saw a lot of similar behavior.

"Just say'n" :happy:

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What "sounds about right" to me, is that you two may be in love with one another and don't know how to properly express yourselves???

I chaperoned an 8th grade dance Saturday night and saw a lot of similar behavior.

"Just say'n" :happy:

~Bbbl~™

I expect.... so much more from you.

zkjuxk.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
To be fair, I dont think anyone on here has a fair assessment of what someone else does or doesnt do because most of the time their support and involvement is done locally and without grandstanding.

There's always more to the story.

But when it's all said and done each member knows in their own heart if they are a real Teamster or just a parasite.

IMO, Keeping your head down doesnt mean that you wont take a bullet anyway. It means you were too cowardly to look the situation in the eye, see it coming, and do something about it.

Observations like this....

Is why I always read your posts.

F

Frankie's Friend

Observations like this....

Is why I always read your posts.
Beside Lagoona stirring up my "attitude" I try to be real about important issues and treat people with the respect they dispense my way.

I dont have a great (or all encompassing) overview on the big picture when it comes to "union" issues because they are complex but I know that I loathe liars and corrupt, company friendly business agents and officials.

When you've been subjected to that kind of suppression for way too many years it changes your attitude. Your patience turns into hate. I promised a high ranking official that I would give it another chance. I did. Our members still consistently got screwed. Even though you have absolutely no idea about what's gone on here behind closed doors I have been told that you're not a fan either.

I've treated you with respect. I haven't "piled on" when you are disrespected on here and I dont play games. I'm a black and white type of person when the issues are about representation and truth.

So with that being said, I hope that someday we can all sit back and say "We fought for those who had no spine, no chance of winning, and we dragged some from the fire" that had no hope otherwise.

It's who I am, not perfect, not special, but someone who hates bullies and that's what matters in this job. Take a stand and no matter what happens, stand there.
I think it's simple. But some that are polluted through years of compromising will never get it because they like it that way.