Kinda seems like somebody knows something…

Non liberal

Isn’t it funny how they met for a couple hours came to an agreement wrote articles edited them then released them already? The union heads must think we are all stupid. Just like politicians. They had an agreement already this was all a tv show. A bad one at that
That’s why I say send them back to the drawing board and bring a real teamster friendly contract forth.

My guess is the company offered either the same deal or slightly better than the original. I think SOB never wanted to take a deal too early as he wouldn't haven't gotten much airtime with CNN, MSNBC and other news outlets to promote the union to workers that are employed to non-working companies. This was free promotion for the Teamsters he wouldn't get any other time because the news cycle loves drama. I don't think this was the case from the company. From what I'm aware of the original offer was a very good one and there was a real contgency plan by the company if he didn't take it. This was not a dog and poney show for the company as they were losing accounts and were planning for the worst. Either way this is still a good deal for the Teamsters.
Sob wild have looked like a fool when ups offered up a good deal without a fight. We were played they clearly think we are stupid. Just as politicians view their voters stupid. I don’t for one second believe that we were gonna strike nor there wasn’t a deal. I just want to ask pt if they truly stand strong with all bros and sis? They get 48% raises when ft get nothing close? This is a slap to the faces of ft

PT Car Washer

Sob wild have looked like a fool when ups offered up a good deal without a fight. We were played they clearly think we are stupid. Just as politicians view their voters stupid. I don’t for one second believe that we were gonna strike nor there wasn’t a deal. I just want to ask pt if they truly stand strong with all bros and sis? They get 48% raises when ft get nothing close? This is a slap to the faces of ft
48% of nothing is still nothing.

PoirotAtUPS

My guess is the company offered either the same deal or slightly better than the original. I think SOB never wanted to take a deal too early as he wouldn't haven't gotten much airtime with CNN, MSNBC and other news outlets to promote the union to workers that are employed to non-working companies. This was free promotion for the Teamsters he wouldn't get any other time because the news cycle loves drama. I don't think this was the case from the company. From what I'm aware of the original offer was a very good one and there was a real contgency plan by the company if he didn't take it. This was not a dog and poney show for the company as they were losing accounts and were planning for the worst. Either way this is still a good deal for the Teamsters.
I think the company thought the deal would be announced 7/5 - SOB is loud and likes the press, but maybe he can make some inroads at other companies on behalf of the Teamsters with this contract.

I have NOT been lurking

Eat. Sleep. Work. Jork.
Your brethren on here crapped on PTers. Eat it

Arizax2

I think the company thought the deal would be announced 7/5 - SOB is loud and likes the press, but maybe he can make some inroads at other companies on behalf of the Teamsters with this contract.
I don't like the politics of it but any person that's been elected to a position has to play the game. It could have backfired on him but it didn't. Carol is not the enemy like he is making her out to be. She made it a point from the beginning to take care of employees so him going on a negative campaign rubbed me the wrong way but I get its a game and he didn't make up the rules up. This is a damn good contract for the employees.

Non liberal

I don't like the politics of it but any person that's been elected to a position has to play the game. It could have backfired on him but it didn't. Carol is not the enemy like he is making her out to be. She made it a point from the beginning to take care of employees so him going on a negative campaign rubbed me the wrong way but I get its a game and he didn't make up the rules up. This is a damn good contract for the employees.
? As she makes $78,000.00 a day. I’m sorry all these ceos rubbed me the wrong way ever since covid. As far as I’m concerned she can give a little bit more. Like a ratification bonus.

PoirotAtUPS

Like your analysis - its been surprisingly quiet, but non-Union management was hit with a wave of non-voluntary separations in July, seems like part of some plan.

Arizax2

Like your analysis - its been surprisingly quiet, but non-Union management was hit with a wave of non-voluntary separations in July, seems like part of some plan.
Yes HR got chopped down again this week. As far as I know all PT HR folks around the country last day is this coming Friday. Last month there was a volunteer separation buyout for other staff functions as well. Another wave of buyout again by end of August.

Reality is the company has to balance things out and if they are going to increase union salaries they will take it away from mangment before they report losses on their balance sheet. Regardless of the disagreements between mangment and union, the truth is local management gets the short end of the stick. Remember there was a 5 year plan of removing mangment pension that officially ended January. This wasn't a mistake it happens to fall on a contract year. The company is running super lean and it's starting with mangment first. Once automation hits on a higher level it will affect the union by the next contract. Less workers means less mangment people. This contract in my opinion will expedite that process.

Over70irregs

Yes HR got chopped down again this week. As far as I know all PT HR folks around the country last day is this coming Friday. Last month there was a volunteer separation buyout for other staff functions as well. Another wave of buyout again by end of August.

Reality is the company has to balance things out and if they are going to increase union salaries they will take it away from mangment before they report losses on their balance sheet. Regardless of the disagreements between mangment and union, the truth is local management gets the short end of the stick. Remember there was a 5 year plan of removing mangment pension that officially ended January. This wasn't a mistake it happens to fall on a contract year. The company is running super lean and it's starting with mangment first. Once automation hits on a higher level it will affect the union by the next contract. Less workers means less mangment people. This contract in my opinion will expedite that process.
Prepare accordingly