Las Vegas Massacre - 58 killed, 515 hurt

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am overloaded with the news coverage. Too much for me. I started watching my dvr'd shows for the distraction. I will watch when the pres goes there today.
I haven't watched any of the News Channel (other than The Five) since this happened.
Don't feel like I've missed anything.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I don't like bump stocks and wouldn't bother me if they were banned, other than its a pointless gesture for PR purposes. You can bump fire without those stocks. It just takes more practice. Bump fire is mostly just a way to show off, use up a lot of ammo, and burn up barrels.

Yep.

Notably, when the marines went from full-auto to 3 shot burst.

Aimed fire.... is more effective than "spray and pray".

Apparently, these are very good at killing 50+ people from an elevated position....

Returntosender

that jimmy kimmel video got me...:(

obviously the west has major problems treating all lives equally meaning a Palestinian life has the same value as an israeli life which has the same value as a north korean life or italian life.

as much as i dislike alot of modern law enforcement, on the other hand i feel bad for them that they have to deal with this :censored2: and the products of bad social policy.

it'd be nice if america could actually reform itself.

these record modern massacres happening every year reminds me of the climate records that are being set every year.
55975EE9-7762-4261-B0FF-310E5E4E8635.jpeg

MAKAVELI

Banned
I don't like bump stocks and wouldn't bother me if they were banned, other than its a pointless gesture for PR purposes. You can bump fire without those stocks. It just takes more practice. Bump fire is mostly just a way to show off, use up a lot of ammo, and burn up barrels.
Apparently they're also good for mowing down 500-plus people.

oldngray

nowhere special
The girlfriend in in the US and being questioned now. She has a questionable past.

Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock's girlfriend Marilou Danley was married to two men at once, used two SSNs

Newsweek has since retracted a report they published late Tuesday saying that Marilou - a Philippines native - had once been married to two men at the same time and used two social security numbers during her two decades in the US.
Vegas shooter's girlfriend falsely accused of double life | Daily Mail Online

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Little practical difference from firing normal semi auto.
translation: please don't ban my toys they're not effective i swear

the fact is when you fire into a crowd, a high ROF weapon is better at producing casualties than a low ROF weapon

source: two world wars and every military study of them afterwards