LGBTQ

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I will then take the information and question to God for guidance.

Once I have done this I will reply to your post.
You're going to look at the information God wrote about it. Then you're going to take the information He wrote to Him and ask for guidance?
By guidance, and after your personal discussion (where the Holy Spirit talks back to you), are you expecting a different answer than what He has already provided in His word?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think it was the New King James.
When you know….please cite the translation of the Bible that you used for you quote.

I will then follow up to answer the question you asked pertaining to the topic to this discussion thread
You may find it difficult to get an "updated version" to say what you want with these passages.
In respect to the original post and topic of this discussion thread I will do try to do my part in preventing you from derailing this thread onto the tracks of what IMO is your religious fanatic ways.

BrownFlush

@Integrity Derail? lol
Running in a circle and throwing the scent off as usual.
Your refusal to answer straight questions continues to show your lack of integrity.

Do you agree with the scripture that a marriage approved by God is to between a male and female? Yes or no?

BrownFlush

@Integrity NKJV (again, see above)... Actually, it's not any one or particular passage of scripture. The word scripture in the question is referencing the entire Bible anytime it speaks of marriage, husband and wife, male and female. Whenever you're ready.....
Do you agree with the Scripture that a marriage approved by God is to between a male and female? Yes or no?
YES OR NO?

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
@Integrity NKJV (again, see above)... Actually, it's not any one or particular passage of scripture. The word scripture in the question is referencing the entire Bible anytime it speaks of marriage, husband and wife, male and female. Whenever you're ready.....

YES OR NO?
I will get back to you.

It would be helpful to me if you cite and quote scripture correctly in the future.

I thank you in advance.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
@Fred's Myth,

No disrespect intended.

Is this really pertinent to the topic of this discussion thread?

I am open minded to it being so, I am just not seeing it yet.

Can you help me to understand?
Conception occurs when a male’s sperm fertilizes a female’s egg in accordance with God’s design. Two are brought together.

Abortion occurs when an abortionist dismembers that child in the female’s womb. Let no man rend asunder.

Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.” 1 Corinthians 2:14 ESV

Hope you can now see.

BrownFlush

I will get back to you.

It would be helpful to me if you cite and quote scripture correctly in the future.

I thank you in advance.
Again, pick out any passage, use any version. In the entire Bible, when it speaks of marriage, husband and wife, male and female.
Do you agree with the Scripture that a marriage approved by God is to between a male and female? Yes or no?
Whenever you're ready...
YES OR NO?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Again, pick out any passage, use any version. In the entire Bible, when it speaks of marriage, husband and wife, male and female.

Whenever you're ready...
YES OR NO?
I will use the passages that you cited and or quoted from the referenced version/translation that you used.

You specifically referenced the following:

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;" (Ephesians 5:25 NKJV)

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who [a]made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” (Matthew 19:4-6 NKJV)

When I am ready, I’ll get back with you.

BrownFlush

I will use the passages that you cited and or quoted from the referenced version/translation that you used.

You specifically referenced the following:

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;" (Ephesians 5:25 NKJV)

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who [a]made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” (Matthew 19:4-6 NKJV)

When I am ready, I’ll get back with you.
Whatever.
Do you agree with the scripture that a marriage approved by God is to between a male and female? Yes or no?
Whenever you're ready...
Just a YES OR NO if you can muster up the ability.

Integrity

Binge Poster
@Integrity Derail? lol
Running in a circle and throwing the scent off as usual.
Your refusal to answer straight questions continues to show your lack of integrity.

My answer to your specific yes or no question is based exclusively and exhaustively on the following information:

1. The 2 verses you quoted using the NKJV as referenced.

New King James Version (NKJV) - Version Information - BibleGateway.com

3. My understanding of the above 2 bits of information as revealed to me by guidance and the prompting of the Holy Spirit of God.

No other information is being used to provide the answer you so desire to have.

Answer to your question:

No.

(Based upon the above information, I do not agree that the scripture you cited clearly and plainly supports that a marriage approved by God can only be one that is between a male and female.)

Integrity

Binge Poster
Conception occurs when a male’s sperm fertilizes a female’s egg in accordance with God’s design. Two are brought together.

Abortion occurs when an abortionist dismembers that child in the female’s womb. Let no man rend asunder.

Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.” 1 Corinthians 2:14 ESV

Hope you can now see.
Not looking to get into an abortion discussion. I think there is a discussion thread for this.
"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;" -Ephesians 5:25

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who [a]made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”- Matthew 19:4-6

Plus about a zillion other passages that refer to husbands and wives, fathers and mothers. It's not rocket science.

Yes or no?

Ever consider that this is an admonishment against abortion???
I am wondering how you came up with your question based upon the quote that you were responding to?

I put them above for your reference

No disrespect intended, just curious.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not looking to get into an abortion discussion. I think there is a discussion thread for this.

I am wondering how you came up with your question based upon the quote that you were responding to?

I put them above for your reference

No disrespect intended, just curious.
The quote from Matthew, "Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.", is commonly used as a command forbidding divorce. I simply offered an alternative interpretation. One that is even more pertinent in my view.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The quote from Matthew, "Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.", is commonly used as a command forbidding divorce. I simply offered an alternative interpretation. One that is even more pertinent in my view.
Thank you so much for your explanation.

I really appreciate it.

It has really helped in my understanding your point at view and the basis for your question.

BrownFlush

My answer to your specific yes or no question is based exclusively and exhaustively on the following information:

1. The 2 verses you quoted using the NKJV as referenced.

New King James Version (NKJV) - Version Information - BibleGateway.com

3. My understanding of the above 2 bits of information as revealed to me by guidance and the prompting of the Holy Spirit of God.

No other information is being used to provide the answer you so desire to have.

Answer to your question:

No.
Your answer and how you respond is not surprising.
2 bits. No other info. Based on the above.. You're so careful. Focus on throwing the scent off not taking any heat for your answer. My comment may be confusing and just not enough there. You're doing the best you can.

You discarded this...
Whenever you're ready...
YES OR NO?
Laughable.
Do the chop suey dance with you response.
We don't want a trumpet sounding that The Holy Spirit of God told you that an approved marriage in the site of God is not just between a male and female.

You prove once again that your claim that the Holy Spirit is personally "prompting" you is false. Even with just these"2 bits".
The Bible (written by the same Holy Spirit you claim "prompts" you) is clear in His written word that a marriage approved by Him is between a man and a woman.Even in these "2 bits". Homosexuality is a sin. Same sex marriage is an abomination because homosexuality is. It is a marriage that would not meet His qualifications of an approved union according to what He has said in His word and yes, enough in just these "2 bits"
Your false claim that you were prompted by the Holy Spirit to answer no to the question makes not only you a liar, but God. With just these "2 bits" Why? Because God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He won't and hasn't changed his mind. To think that you would claim that God's Holy Spirit prompted you to answer no puts you on a level of heresy not many reach.
I fear for your soul.

At the end of your response to this comment, answer this question. I'll ask it a different way. It's Sunday so maybe the HS will be quicker to prod, I mean prompt you an answer....
JUST a YES or NO.... Does God approve of same sex marriage ? YES or NO?

Last edited: