LGBTQ

Next Day Error

X - Other
How bout we give diet pills to people with anorexia so they can be their "true selves"?

They know deep down that they're actually fat, how dare you deny their truth?

How dare you deny them their weight affirming care.
Why do you give a crap what consenting adults in consultation with their doctors? Lol seems kinda like snowflake behavior to be so twisted in knots about what adults do.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You need some of those pills?
Why do you give a crap what consenting adults in consultation with their doctors? Lol seems kinda like snowflake behavior to be so twisted in knots about what adults do.
When faced with facts and reality you resort to personal attacks. Whether you realize it or not you've admitted your dumb ideas are indefensible.

Carry on.

Next Day Error

X - Other
When faced with facts and reality you resort to personal attacks. Whether you realize it or not you've admitted your dumb ideas are indefensible.

Carry on.
Relax, Susie. It was a joke.

I ask you again:

Why do you give a crap what consenting adults do in consultation with their doctors? Lol seems kinda like snowflake behavior to be so twisted in knots about what adults do

Box Ox

Oh, I thought we were talking about mutilating adolescence?
We are also talking about what Missouri is doing with their anti-trans bill.

I've got mixed feelings about this. On one hand, sure, adults are adults. Let them do what they want. On the other hand, should it be legal for a doctor to cut off a man's leg because he believes he's a peg leg pirate?

Missouri due to be first state to restrict adult gender-affirming care : NPR

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why do you give a crap what consenting adults do in consultation with their doctors? Lol seems kinda like snowflake behavior to be so twisted in knots about what adults do

Carry on.

Next Day Error

X - Other
I've got mixed feelings about this. On one hand, sure, adults are adults. Let them do what they want. On the other hand, should it be legal for a doctor to cut off a man's leg because he believes he's a peg leg pirate?

I’m very libertarian about what people should be allowed to do to themselves and for themselves. I believe in freedom that much. If liberty never made anyone uncomfortable is it really liberty?

vantexan

Had a bad tooth while in Colombia. Dentist didn't want to pull it, said he could save it. Would seem to me that medical ethics should keep doctors from removing healthy body parts as well as viable babies.

Box Ox

Oh, I thought we were talking about mutilating adolescence?
We are also talking about what Missouri is doing with their anti-trans bill.

I’m very libertarian about what people should be allowed to do to themselves and for themselves. I believe in freedom that much. If liberty never made anyone uncomfortable is it really liberty?

One is free to cut off their own healthy leg. But a medical doctor shouldn't be free to do it for them.

Next Day Error

X - Other
One is free to cut off their own healthy leg. But a medical doctor shouldn't be free to do it for them.
I think this shows your ignorance of the severity and depth of gender dysphoria. This isn’t cosplay. This is who these people are. They’ve known from their earliest days that something was mismatched.

So it’s not a healthy leg in this instance. It would be gender care that helps the patient align who they actually are.

Thebrownblob

Our health secretary is happy He was unable to perform his gender mutilation until later in life, so that he was given the ability to have children, but he wants to take that ability away from kids who are not mature enough to make a decision. It’s sick and people approving it are sick.

Box Ox

Our health secretary is happy He was unable to perform his gender mutilation until later in life, so that he was given the ability to have children, but he wants to take that ability away from kids who are not mature enough to make a decision. It’s sick and people approving it are sick.

Yep. In the coming years there will be a lot of pain and regret in a lot of people who were transitioned as kids. There will be lawsuits. I'd be surprised if history looks back on the practice kindly.