LGBTQ

El Correcto

god is dead
Do you think gays were the only group killed? He gave the law and demanded it be followed.
Why are you deflecting?
Was god correct when commanding gays be murdered for being gays?
The New Testament answers a resounding yes, it was a “righteous decree”.
It’s a very simple question friend.

El Correcto

god is dead
And you are trying to put your modern moral structure on people who lived in very different times. Jesus and the Apostles put in a new framework. It took over 1800 years for men in this country to decide slavery was no longer acceptable under any circumstances. But it did happen. The end of slavery, the assistance given to Indians in exchange for peace, women's suffrage, the Civil Rights movement all took place because men had a moral framework to work within rather than a brutal kill them all morality.
No I’m discussing God not people.
Was god correct in saying gays should be murdered for being gay?
It’s a very simple yea or no question, the New Testament answers a resounding yes, god was righteous to say those things.

vantexan

No I’m discussing God not people.
Was god correct in saying gays should be murdered for being gay?
It’s a very simple yea or no question, the New Testament answers a resounding yes, god was righteous to say those things.
It was what God demanded. Considering the spread of disease through anal sex I'd say God had his reasons.

El Correcto

god is dead
It was what God demanded. Considering the spread of disease through anal sex I'd say God had his reasons.
Yeah I know god commanded it. I’m asking is he morally righteous for doing so.
It seems you are leaning towards yes and making up excuses for murdering gays for being gay.
Are you rationalizing or are you being a good Christian obeying scripture and justifying it?

vantexan

Yeah I know god commanded it. I’m asking is he morally righteous for doing so.
It seems you are leaning towards yes and making up excuses for murdering gays for being gay.
Are you rationalizing or are you being a good Christian obeying scripture and justifying it?
Killing gays for breaking God's law isn't murder under the Old Testament. Killing gays today would be sinning so Christians don't do it.

El Correcto

god is dead
Killing gays for breaking God's law isn't murder under the Old Testament. Killing gays today would be sinning so Christians don't do it.
I don’t see why you’re struggling to say yes or no.
You can say yes god is morally righteous and here is the justification or no god is not morally righteous but here was the rationalization.

El Correcto

god is dead
Because God is way above me and I am in no position to judge his motives.
That’s wrong again. Christians judge and believe god is righteous in all things because god is righteous. So you’re not longer a Christian calling gods decree that homosexuals be killed righteous?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I find this whole section of this thread extremely funny.
To have a debate about a book written and translated many times by men who claim to have received that knowledge from a deity without any real proof.

vantexan

That’s wrong again. Christians judge and believe god is righteous in all things because god is righteous. So you’re not longer a Christian calling gods decree that homosexuals be killed righteous?
If God wanted them killed then they deserved to be killed. It's not like it was a surprise to them that they were violating God's law. Whether that's "righteous" or not it's not up to me to say. If the Apostle Paul said doing such things was worthy of death then it was. But it's something I don't have to worry about today. You can live your life as you choose as long as you aren't hurting others. But whether any of us get into heaven depends on our obedience to God's word. It's your soul, you decide.

El Correcto

god is dead
If God wanted them killed then they deserved to be killed.
There you go. Homosexuals deserved to be killed.
I’ve never said this about Christians, I’ve never said Christian school children deserved to be killed.

This is where me and you vile evil Christians disagree so fervently. I don’t believe in that murderous evil ideology that justifies and calls righteous the slaughter of innocent people.