LGBTQ

El Correcto

god is dead
I find this whole section of this thread extremely funny.
To have a debate about a book written and translated many times by men who claim to have received that knowledge from a deity without any real proof.
Oh I find it funny to that’s why I have these conversations.
What a bunch of absurd cultists to take that book literally or believe they can arrive at absolute morality from a fictional tale of a genocidal god that loves slavery, homophobia and genocide.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
There you go. Homosexuals deserved to be killed.
I’ve never said this about Christians, I’ve never said Christian school children deserved to be killed.

This is where me and you vile evil Christians disagree so fervently. I don’t believe in that murderous evil ideology that justifies and calls righteous the slaughter of innocent people.
Your circular logic is tiring. You claim there is no God. Then you claim the Bible is fictional error. Then you claim the God you deny calls for the death of homosexuals in that 'fictional book'. You have proven yourself in error.

God's WORD is inerrant.

"In the beginning was the Word: the Word was with God and the Word was God". John 1

JESUS is the inerrant WORD OF GOD, not the Scriptures. Scriptures are INSPIRED of God, meaning he breathed (inspired) them into the souls of its earthly transcriptionists. Moses and the other 'authors' of Scripture were the wordsmiths of the vision they were given, and did their jobs admirably. Your problem is that you are confused that the facts found in Scripture are not, by your definition, scientific. They are truth, nonetheless. Parable and allegory convey truth just like scientific fact.

El Correcto

god is dead
Your circular logic is tiring. You claim there is no God. Then you claim the Bible is fictional error. Then you claim the God you deny calls for the death of homosexuals in that 'fictional book'. You have proven yourself in error.

God's WORD is inerrant.

"In the beginning was the Word: the Word was with God and the Word was God". John 1

JESUS is the inerrant WORD OF GOD, not the Scriptures. Scriptures are INSPIRED of God, meaning he breathed (inspired) them into the souls of its earthly transcriptionists. Moses and the other 'authors' of Scripture were the wordsmiths of the vision they were given, and did their jobs admirably. Your problem is that you are confused that the facts found in Scripture are not, by your definition, scientific. They are truth, nonetheless. Parable and allegory convey truth just like scientific fact.
No not really.
I claim there is no evidence of god and the Bible is factual incorrect about multiple things concerning what “god did”.
I claim the Bible is fiction because it is full of fiction, yes.
Yes God calls for the death of lots of sinners and the New Testament calls it righteous, according to your fictional book.

No not really. But let’s continue on to your next point.
No my problem with scripture is a disagree that homosexuals should be murdered for being gay, among other horrible things like slavery, genocide, etc.

No they actually aren’t scientific at all, creationist myth has been absolutely refuted. Flooding of the earth myth refuted, etc etc etc, it’s not an opinion it is objective truth.

All you did was basically admit the Bible isn’t the word of god and then declared it truth. Doesn’t make much sense bud.

El Correcto

god is dead

God's WORD is inerrant.

Here is an interesting question for you though if you are now rejecting the Bible as literal and being just parable and allegory.

Is evolution correct about how human beings came into existence or is your Bible?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Here is an interesting question for you though if you are now rejecting the Bible as literal and being just parable and allegory.

Is evolution correct about how human beings came into existence or is your Bible?
First I never claimed the Bible is ONLY parable and allegory. Those parts of the Bible that ARE parable or allegory convey TRUTH that is just as genuine as scientific fact. Imagine yourself being given a vision of creation, and then trying to communicate that vision to your fellow man. You would have to compress the information into a parable that encompasses what you saw, and even more difficult would be to put it in written form.

The Bible does not exclude evolution as a reality, and it certainly doesn't mean that plausible reality eliminates God as its source. Don't limit God to what your mind is capable of conceiving.

Personally, my belief in creation is even more encompassing than simple evolution. But my conviction is extra-biblical, and therefore stands as only my belief.

El Correcto

god is dead
First I never claimed the Bible is ONLY parable and allegory. Those parts of the Bible that ARE parable or allegory convey TRUTH that is just as genuine as scientific fact. Imagine yourself being given a vision of creation, and then trying to communicate that vision to your fellow man. You would have to compress the information into a parable that encompasses what you saw, and even more difficult would be to put it in written form.

The Bible does not exclude evolution as a reality, and it certainly doesn't mean that plausible reality eliminates God as its source. Don't limit God to what your mind is capable of conceiving.

Personally, my belief in creation is even more encompassing than simple evolution. But my conviction is extra-biblical, and therefore stands as only my belief.
You guys never explain the parables or allegories.
What is the allegory or parable that arrives at evolution having a god create all creatures including man?
How is that in anyway non-organic matter forming the building blocks of life over the course of billions of years then into the first single cell organism in billions of years so on and so forth all the way up to human beings?

It is completely different and non compatible, there is no vision of whatever truly happened that would lead someone to believe it was god pulling out a rib or forming man from clay.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You guys never explain the parables or allegories.
What is the allegory or parable that arrives at evolution having a god create all creatures including man?
How is that in anyway non-organic matter forming the building blocks of life over the course of billions of years then into the first single cell organism in billions of years so on and so forth all the way up to human beings?

It is completely different and non compatible, there is no vision of whatever truly happened that would lead someone to believe it was god pulling out a rib or forming man from clay.
Animated life spontaneously erupting from inanimate matter is reasonable to you?

Never mind self-aware intellect that humans possess.

Both are gifts from the Creator.

El Correcto

god is dead
Animated life spontaneously erupting from inanimate matter is reasonable to you?
Billions of years isn’t spontaneously.
Honestly I think you don’t even understand a middle schoolers level of knowledge when it comes to evolution or what we are even discussing.
Who cares? It’s clear that it is a byproduct of your brain. There is no need to add a soul to the equation that can’t be proved or disproven, just like your “creator”.

There is nothing hinting at a creator in any of this. If anything a creator adds more problems to the situation than it solves and the solution to those problems similar to the creator are made up fiction. Even if I granted you the creator, how do you go forward with evolution clearly being how life formed on Earth, how do you move forward saying you choose the right one and humans understand it?
Evolution isn’t a hypothesis it is an observable theory with mountains of evidence behind it in the fossil record and timeline of the universe+planet.
To arrive at anything close to Genesis you have to deny basically everything we know about space, the world and really reality, all because you want to shoe horn your creationist fairytale into it with no evidence.
Yes, the origins of life are still a “mystery”.
But the mystery isn’t wether or not your Christian deity crapped us out.
I know a lot of Christians like to disingenuously say Louis Pasteur disproved life coming from non-organic matter but he didn’t. He disproved it complex life coming from dust and crap like that.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead

Also yet again, you didn’t explain you metaphor parables vision or whatever else you people ramble on about when the Bible can no longer be taken literally because it is disproven fairytale nonsense from primitive people.

Mutineer

Also yet again, you didn’t explain you metaphor parables vision or whatever else you people ramble on about when the Bible can no longer be taken literally because it is disproven fairytale nonsense from primitive people.

Do you never tire of arguing with the jeezlers?

I sense there is turmoil or trouble in your life right now.

When I have troubles I find comfort in snuggling with my cat.

Maybe you should snuggle with yer cat. And tell it I said: pssspsspss.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Do you never tire of arguing with the jeezlers?

I sense there is turmoil or trouble in your life right now.

When I have troubles I find comfort in snuggling with my cat.

Maybe you should snuggle with yer cat. And tell it I said: pssspsspss.
I don't think a pusillanimous cat will help him. Or pusillanimous of any kind.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1687150087231.png

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Billions of years isn’t spontaneously.
Honestly I think you don’t even understand a middle schoolers level of knowledge when it comes to evolution or what we are even discussing.

Who cares? It’s clear that it is a byproduct of your brain. There is no need to add a soul to the equation that can’t be proved or disproven, just like your “creator”.

There is nothing hinting at a creator in any of this. If anything a creator adds more problems to the situation than it solves and the solution to those problems similar to the creator are made up fiction. Even if I granted you the creator, how do you go forward with evolution clearly being how life formed on Earth, how do you move forward saying you choose the right one and humans understand it?
Evolution isn’t a hypothesis it is an observable theory with mountains of evidence behind it in the fossil record and timeline of the universe+planet.
To arrive at anything close to Genesis you have to deny basically everything we know about space, the world and really reality, all because you want to shoe horn your creationist fairytale into it with no evidence.
Yes, the origins of life are still a “mystery”.
But the mystery isn’t wether or not your Christian deity crapped us out.
I know a lot of Christians like to disingenuously say Louis Pasteur disproved life coming from non-organic matter but he didn’t. He disproved it complex life coming from dust and crap like that.
Spontaneously: adv. without apparent external cause or stimulus.

Your vocabulary is so limited, it's like explaining quantum mechanics to a kindergartener.

Mutineer

I don't think a pusillanimous cat will help him. Or pusillanimous of any kind.

Think of it this way:

When he is spending all his time here arguing, it is time away from wallowing in icky activities.

Does that not remind you of "the lord works in mysterious ways" and could this be interpreted as divine intervention?