LGBTQ

vantexan

I believe that no human being has spiritual authority over another. I believe that God alone has spiritual authority over all.

Whether I have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit is between me and God.
No, it isn't and you haven't. Tell me something, if a poisonous snake bit you could you just shake it off and go about your business as if nothing happened? No, you can't but the Apostles could.

God does have spiritual authority above us all. But in the 1st Century of the Church he gave men special gifts in order to grow the Church. Their writings were inspired by the Holy Spirit. The writings you say you love but refuse to follow if they say anything you don't like. Don't kid yourself, you don't have the right to reject Scripture and be pleasing to God.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No, it isn't and you haven't.
I beg to differ and as I stated I believe that is between me and God.

I believe it is no different for you as well.
Tell me something, if a poisonous snake bit you could you just shake it off and go about your business as if nothing happened?
I don’t know. I hope I never find that out. But God’s will be done, not mine.
No, you can't but the Apostles could.
Is that so?
God does have spiritual authority above us all.
Let’s try to remember this. We agree about 1 thing at least.
But in the 1st Century of the Church he gave men special gifts in order to grow the Church.
I believe God still gives people unique spiritual gifts.
Their writings were inspired by the Holy Spirit.
I hope the men were listening to the Holy Spirit when he told them to write.

The Holy Spirit has made it crystal clear to me that some human imperfections were still present in their lives which accounts for some of the unloving practices and viewpoints that they still struggled with, explaining some of these practices they still supported and wrote about.

Paul was awesome in his humility and acceptance of his imperfections and struggles.
The writings you say you love but refuse to follow if they say anything you don't like.
I only follow the Holy Spirit when it come to discernment of religious traditions passed down in writing and other means as well.
Don't kid yourself, you don't have the right to reject Scripture and be pleasing to God.
You don’t have spiritual authority over me to say this.

Whether I do or not is between the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and myself.

I do believe the same goes for you and all mankind.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Is that so?

The Holy Spirit has made it crystal clear to me that some human imperfections were still present in their lives which accounts for some of the unloving practices and viewpoints that they still struggled with, explaining some of these practices they still supported and wrote about.

Paul was assume in his humility and acceptance of his imperfections and struggles.

I only follow the Holy Spirit when it come to discernment of religious traditions passed down in writing and other means as well.

Whether I do or not is between the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and myself.

Amen and…
IMG_4548.gif

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No, it isn't and you haven't. Tell me something, if a poisonous snake bit you could you just shake it off and go about your business as if nothing happened? No, you can't but the Apostles could.

God does have spiritual authority above us all. But in the 1st Century of the Church he gave men special gifts in order to grow the Church. Their writings were inspired by the Holy Spirit. The writings you say you love but refuse to follow if they say anything you don't like. Don't kid yourself, you don't have the right to reject Scripture and be pleasing to God.
Based on your statement, one would conclude that the human race was abandoned by God to Scripture alone once the Apostles died. Nothing could be further from the truth. The purpose of Baptism is to purify the soul in order for the Holy Spirit to take up residence there.
The Holy Spirit INSPIRES the baptized. Note the root word for spirit and inspire, inspirare (“to breathe or blow into”). Your closed mind is defeating the whole purpose of Jesus' death and resurrection, to defeat sin in order for the Holy Spirit to effect salvation of humankind.

vantexan

Is that so?

Paul was awesome in his humility and acceptance of his imperfections and struggles.

No, I don't have spiritual authority over you. But the New Testament was written to guide you in this life. If you reject it over passages you disagree with you'll have to deal with that in Judgement. And you're right, Judgement will be strictly between you and God.

vantexan

Based on your statement, one would conclude that the human race was abandoned by God to Scripture alone once the Apostles died. Nothing could be further from the truth. The purpose of Baptism is to purify the soul in order for the Holy Spirit to take up residence there.
The Holy Spirit INSPIRES the baptized. Note the root word for spirit and inspire, inspirare (“to breathe or blow into”). Your closed mind is defeating the whole purpose of Jesus' death and resurrection, to defeat sin in order for the Holy Spirit to effect salvation of humankind.
You're extrapolating things not intended. And I'm guessing that is because the Catholic Church recognizes miracles as well as the infallibility of the Pope. On this we will have to disagree. I believe that baptism cleanses us of our past sin and I also believe that as people grow as Christians we can see the Holy Spirit's influence on their lives. But Integrity believes he is directly communicating with God and is not subject to the authority of the Scriptures. He accepts this and rejects that as he deems necessary. You literally have to reject the Scriptures to do so. On that I will never agree.

vantexan

All 2 of them.
That's right, you should be able to make pronouncements about what you believe without question because you're getting it straight from God. You've done that repeatedly. And we know what you believe. Doesn't matter if someone gets an abortion or is gay because God loves them anyways. We can't love the sinner but hate the sin because God loves them no matter what and will allow them into heaven no matter what. If they want to put material in school libraries that depict sex acts who are we to say it's obscene because they may believe it isn't. There's no moral certainty because God loves them no matter what they do and if Scripture is in conflict with that view then you can reject the Scriptures as just the writings and traditions of man. You know better because God told you so. I hope that works out for you. I believe it won't.

vantexan

Discuss it all you want I think there are even threads already made about it
It doesent need to be in every thread which will happen if you folks aren’t kept in check
We are having a discussion that if you don't find interesting you are free to not read it. It's not in every thread either. Matter of fact let's not dispute anything you don't like. If someone posts something political making assertions we don't believe to be true then just let them, no discussion. Especially if it's about Trump, which is in just about every thread. Let's just make pronouncements. Later we can all skip through fields of daisies together. If that looks gay don't worry, Integrity has us covered.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You're extrapolating things not intended. And I'm guessing that is because the Catholic Church recognizes miracles as well as the infallibility of the Pope. On this we will have to disagree. I believe that baptism cleanses us of our past sin and I also believe that as people grow as Christians we can see the Holy Spirit's influence on their lives. But Integrity believes he is directly communicating with God and is not subject to the authority of the Scriptures. He accepts this and rejects that as he deems necessary. You literally have to reject the Scriptures to do so. On that I will never agree.
I recognize miracles. No matter how insignificant these personal miracles are to the world, the interaction of God in my world leaves me without doubt of the existence of God. I give credit to the Holy Spirit for opening my eyes to recognize them. So, I am not far removed from @Integrity in that way.

And to correct a common misconception, the Pope is only infallible in matters of Faith and Morals. He is human and imperfect like the rest of us, but is guided to infallible insight by the Holy Spirit.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We are having a discussion that if you don't find interesting you are free to not read it. It's not in every thread either. Matter of fact let's not dispute anything you don't like. If someone posts something political making assertions we don't believe to be true then just let them, no discussion. Especially if it's about Trump, which is in just about every thread. Let's just make pronouncements. Later we can all skip through fields of daisies together. If that looks gay don't worry, Integrity has us covered.

My point ^^^^^^^

vantexan

I recognize miracles. No matter how insignificant these personal miracles are to the world, the interaction of God in my world leaves me without doubt of the existence of God. I give credit to the Holy Spirit for opening my eyes to recognize them. So, I am not far removed from @Integrity in that way.

And to correct a common misconception, the Pope is only infallible in matters of Faith and Morals. He is human and imperfect like the rest of us, but is guided to infallible insight by the Holy Spirit.
I guess it comes down to what is a miracle. If we possessed the power of the Apostles to heal the sick then would there be sick people? Not talking about praying and they later recover. Talking about laying hands on them and curing them. Or walking on water. Turning water into wine. Casting demons out of people. Just not seeing it.

vantexan

I may be wrong, but seems quite a few Catholics are very upset with the Pope's positions on certain subjects. They apparently don't think he is infallible in those matters of faith and morals.

Last edited: