LGBTQ

rod

Retired 23 years
Maybe not. He was draft age mostly between wars. Too young for WW1 and would have been mid 30's by WW2.
Wayne never enlisted and even filed for a 3-A draft deferment, which meant that if the sole provider for a family of four were drafted, it would cause his family undue hardship. The closest he ever came to World War II service was portraying the actions of others on the silver screen.

rod

Retired 23 years
In his 2014 book, “American Titan: Searching for John Wayne,” author Marc Eliot alleges Wayne was having an affair with actress Marlene Dietrich. He says the possibility of losing this relationship was the real reason Wayne didn’t want to go to war.

But even Dietrich would do her part, smuggling Jewish people out of Europe, entertaining troops on the front lines (she crossed into Germany alongside Gen. George S. Patton) and maybe even being an operative for the Office of Strategic Services.

rod

Retired 23 years
Maybe not. He was draft age mostly between wars. Too young for WW1 and would have been mid 30's by WW2.
I could be wrong but I believer during WWII they were drafting up to the age of 36. Even today I believe if worse came to worse it's written that you can be drafted up to 45 years old.

WRONG INFO--sorry

Last edited:

rod

Retired 23 years
LOL! Work what way? When the alternative is dying on the other side of the world for some pieces of :censored2: in Washington?
You do realize I was talking a Major war--not this crap they do now. If Russia or China should decide today's the day to invade ---are you going to run and hide?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If Russia or China should decide today's the day to invade ---are you going to run and hide?
Hell no. I'd go full Vlad the Impaler on their sorry asses. But I'd be doing it on my own terms, not for the Molester-in-Chief who probably let them in in the first place.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1700889084968.png