LGBTQ

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1710957457235.png

El Correcto

god is dead
For you if I disagree that a man can be a woman if he so chooses then I'm violating his rights by refusing to go along. You can't seem to grasp that I'm not trying to stop you from being gay. I'm not trying to stop a man from living as a woman if he so chooses. I'm just not willing to say it's ok to do so. It's my belief that it's wrong that you want to keep from being openly expressed. So who is really trying to control whom? You think it's ok, and that's your right. I think it's wrong, and that's my right. Civil rights work both ways.
You’re attempting to move the goal post, we are not discussing just a belief you have.

What you’re discussing is giving Christians the right to violate company policy and the law because they believe in fairytales. You think it is okay for a Christian to walk around the workplace letting his opinions be known about someone’s gender identity or sexuality as if that is some protected religious right to be a prick and harass people in the work place. Not only that but you think it is a moral thing to do because you believe in fairytales.

If it’s your personal time and you’re wanting to bounce some ideas off of me I don’t care, but going around the workplace sexually harassing trans people is not protected speech bud.

El Correcto

god is dead
I never said Europe was peaceful. I'm saying that Christianity allowed it to develop into a much more peaceful place. Where most wrongs are decided in courts and police keep the peace rather than mob violence and kill or be killed constant conflict. You spend all your time trying to pick it apart rather than focusing on the good. And you'll never see the good because what matters to you most is wrong to Christians. Thus the hate that comes through in all of your posts.
Bud you keep crediting Christianity but anytime I bring but what Christians were up to at the time you just declare they are not Christians. The rise of Christianity was disastrous for the west and each stepping stone into modernity was away from it. The renaissance, scientific revolution, the enlightenment, etc.

All of these things were rejecting Christian answers or teaching, it was relying on revitalizing antiquity and progressing from there.

Western Christians were straight up stupid barbarians compared to the societies that came before them. The fall of great empires set back the west, put it into a bad and unstable place that Christianity did not lift them out of.

El Correcto

god is dead
If you went to the west during the Middle Ages when the Christians ruled it, ideas you freely admit here like genesis not being a factual account of how the earth formed or life began you probably would of been murdered for heresy.

That was their version of banning people for critiquing a pillar of their personal identity.

vantexan

You’re attempting to move the goal post, we are not discussing just a belief you have.

What you’re discussing is giving Christians the right to violate company policy and the law because they believe in fairytales. You think it is okay for a Christian to walk around the workplace letting his opinions be known about someone’s gender identity or sexuality as if that is some protected religious right to be a prick and harass people in the work place. Not only that but you think it is a moral thing to do because you believe in fairytales.

If it’s your personal time and you’re wanting to bounce some ideas off of me I don’t care, but going around the workplace sexually harassing trans people is not protected speech bud.
I don't think any such thing. And I'm not the least interested in hassling anyone nor do I think I or anyone else has the right to. But I also believe certain things are at the very least not morally correct and I'm not playing along with what you want by violating my conscience. If not using your preferred pronouns makes you angry that's your issue, not mine. If you want laws that would punish me for refusing to say a man can be a woman or think a company should fire me for refusing to say it then who is harming whom?

vantexan

If you went to the west during the Middle Ages when the Christians ruled it, ideas you freely admit here like genesis not being a factual account of how the earth formed or life began you probably would of been murdered for heresy.

That was their version of banning people for critiquing a pillar of their personal identity.
And you're right, that would likely be the outcome. And as I've been saying all along those who are practicing Christianity to the best of their ability would have ultimately won out and stopped that. What, you think it was atheists who got that kind of thinking stopped? Who got slavery stopped in the Western world? Christian abolitionists.

vantexan

Bud you keep crediting Christianity but anytime I bring but what Christians were up to at the time you just declare they are not Christians. The rise of Christianity was disastrous for the west and each stepping stone into modernity was away from it. The renaissance, scientific revolution, the enlightenment, etc.

All of these things were rejecting Christian answers or teaching, it was relying on revitalizing antiquity and progressing from there.

Western Christians were straight up stupid barbarians compared to the societies that came before them. The fall of great empires set back the west, put it into a bad and unstable place that Christianity did not lift them out of.
What you can't seem to understand is that while many things were done in the name of Christianity that were bad, those doing such things weren't practicing Christianity. If they were those things wouldn't have happened. As to those great empires you spoke of...take Rome for example. Do you know what Rome did if there was any rebellion in the empire? They marched in and killed every person in the town where the rebellion started. That's how they kept a lid on things. Rome fell apart from it's own decadence. They were paying barbarians to fight for them. It was Christianity that got us out of the Dark Ages.

El Correcto

god is dead
What you can't seem to understand is that while many things were done in the name of Christianity that were bad, those doing such things weren't practicing Christianity. If they were those things wouldn't have happened. As to those great empires you spoke of...take Rome for example. Do you know what Rome did if there was any rebellion in the empire? They marched in and killed every person in the town where the rebellion started. That's how they kept a lid on things. Rome fell apart from its own decadence. They were paying barbarians to fight for them. It was Christianity that got us out of the Dark Ages.
What led to the real rise of the west was a rejection of what christianity teaches as truth. They found much better ways to arrive at truth than fairytales.
And you're right, that would likely be the outcome. And as I've been saying all along those who are practicing Christianity to the best of their ability would have ultimately won out and stopped that. What, you think it was atheists who got that kind of thinking stopped? Who got slavery stopped in the Western world? Christian abolitionists.
What was fueling the Christian abolitionists? Was it the pro slavery writings of the Bible? Was it the pro slavery teachings of their “god”?
No it was the enlightenment that spurred revolutions, it was the scientific revolution that led to industrialization.
These are so much more important for humanity and human rights than any pro slavery fairytale.

And don’t get wrong I’m not trying to romanticize the Romans as strictly better.
I’m not blaming Christians for the fall of Rome as if it is all their fault, I mainly do that just to goad you because it was a contributing factor, unlike homosexuality which you people routinely used to insult me with “homos caused Rome to fall”.

In some ways the fall of Rome helped Europe, but you shouldn’t view the period of time when people were focused on superstitions and knowing the world through religion as some great step forward, in some ways it was a huge step backwards.