Live paychecks

rod

Retired 23 years
I refused to get direct deposit for years...there was a bunch of little hotties that worked at my local Wells Fargo and I liked having a reason to go in there every week...I don’t think they were impressed by my wack-ass PT supervisor paychecks though 😆
I do know the hotties at the bank I cashed my checks at were impressed with my full time checks. I remember one of them about creaming her jeans when she found out I made that every week.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's not at all the case, but thanks for playing jr

Minds might inquire less if they had a hobby that didn't involve making judgemental assumptions about a complete stranger with no regard for the fact that said stranger has already found herself in a rough situation.

You’re not giving me much to go on

You’re not giving me much to go on
I guess the bottom line is this;
It does not matter why I do not have direct deposit. It doesn't matter if I can or cannot open an account. Honestly, when it doesnt arrive on schedule, my life is affected in a negative way. Maybe I should have made better choices with my life, but here I am, living paycheck to paycheck in the midst of a pandemic. I still show up on time and quite affectively complete my work.

PT Car Washer

I guess the bottom line is this;
It does not matter why I do not have direct deposit. It doesn't matter if I can or cannot open an account. Honestly, when it doesnt arrive on schedule, my life is affected in a negative way. Maybe I should have made better choices with my life, but here I am, living paycheck to paycheck in the midst of a pandemic. I still show up on time and quite affectively complete my work.
Try and set a few paychecks back for emergencies. I currently have 9 stashed in my sock drawer.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I do know the hotties at the bank I cashed my checks at were impressed with my full time checks. I remember one of them about creaming her jeans when she found out I made that every week.
I’d like to swing by with a 55 hr top rate driver check but all those hotties are probably fat moms by now anyway

takesteady

OP ignore the people asking why you don’t have a bank account. It’s completely irrelevant. A lot of people don’t realize that they are one catastrophic accident away from an inescapable cycle of debt that would make it impossible for them to open a checking account. We aren’t all banks that can get a free government bailout when we make an oopsie and nearly destroy the entire economy.

Fact of the matter is it’s UPS’s responsibility to make sure you get paid on the agreed upon time. File a grievance anyways and contact your Business Agent on how to proceed from here.

Roller252

Payday is Friday. Today is Thursday.

What you are saying about UPS having a responsibility to get our checks to us on time is correct.
However it is not UPS's responsibility to get you a ride (30 miles) to pick up your check on payday. That's on you.

For whatever reason you feel you can't open a traditional account to take advantage of direct deposit there are many available options outside of traditional banking that you can.

Payday is Friday. Today is Thursday.

What you are saying about UPS having a responsibility to get our checks to us on time is correct.
However it is not UPS's responsibility to get you a ride (30 miles) to pick up your check on payday. That's on you.

For whatever reason you feel you can't open a traditional account to take advantage of direct deposit there are many available options outside of traditional
I realize it's Thursday. I posted the question simply because typically, our center receives checks on Thursdays which is ideal for the night shift folks so that we can actually make it to the bank on Friday, payday. The last 2 weeks, I didn't receive my check until Monday, which is where my problem lies. I don't know that it won't be there tomorrow. I hope it is. Still needed advice for the previous two weeks when my check was, in fact, not there on payday. I don't expect UPS or anyone else to give a damn about my 30 mile drive, either. It was an unnecessary detail. Sorry.

OP ignore the people asking why you don’t have a bank account. It’s completely irrelevant. A lot of people don’t realize that they are one catastrophic accident away from an inescapable cycle of debt that would make it impossible for them to open a checking account. We aren’t all banks that can get a free government bailout when we make an oopsie and nearly destroy the entire economy.

Fact of the matter is it’s UPS’s responsibility to make sure you get paid on the agreed upon time. File a grievance anyways and contact your Business Agent on how to proceed from here.
Thank you. I truly appreciate the understanding and advice.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Currency exchange prepaid debit card.

Visa, never mastercard.

Good luck.

Sheeeesh finally I was able to use that and stay on topic.

Delete Mafia scores.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I realize it's Thursday. I posted the question simply because typically, our center receives checks on Thursdays which is ideal for the night shift folks so that we can actually make it to the bank on Friday, payday. The last 2 weeks, I didn't receive my check until Monday, which is where my problem lies. I don't know that it won't be there tomorrow. I hope it is. Still needed advice for the previous two weeks when my check was, in fact, not there on payday. I don't expect UPS or anyone else to give a damn about my 30 mile drive, either. It was an unnecessary detail. Sorry.
If you’re still getting live checks, they have to be able to cut you a green check if they are late. I don’t care what the weather is like, I have bills that need to be paid. I’ve been where you are, I don’t know what’s going on with you that you can’t open a bank account, and I don’t care. Places like GreenDot don’t ask no questions. You can pick one up at a gas station. They are prepaid cards that you can set up direct deposit for. I used it for years and only dumped it and went with a bank when I fell on better times. Good luck.

Sounds like UPS is doing what they can.