Looking For A New Owner

El Correcto

god is dead
I think 10k would be more than fair for this place.
People already have multiple bigger social media sites to go to with much bigger communities than this place.

You are basically buying a dead website that you have to invest in to get new users on top of a ludicrous upper five figure price tag.

I could see fleecing some of the sentimental people here for like 20k, but 85k seems like a pipe dream.

Thebrownblob

10k seems pretty steep to me. Maybe there is some sentimental value to people here that pushes the price that high but no way it is worth that as an investment, right?
I can’t imagine it earning that much money at this point with the user base being severely hemorrhaged because of the lack of an administrator for almost 2 years. Maybe several years ago would’ve been worth that much.

I think it could be worth something again, but only after somebody puts the work in.

10:30 resi

I can’t imagine it earning that much money at this point with the user base being severely hemorrhaged because of the lack of an administrator for almost 2 years. Maybe several years ago would’ve been worth that much.

I think it could be worth something again, but only after somebody puts the work in.
As an institution it is worth something. I found and began browsing this site before I ever talked with a steward. The stuff I read here sparked my interest in being an active union member. Invaluable from that perspective. But as a business this place is a bust.

It's worth something still. There are very knowledgeable and experienced people still active. Not to mention you can search any issue you are having by keyword and see 10+ years of conversation of how other workers have handled the same situation you are facing now.

Thebrownblob

As an institution it is worth something. I found and began browsing this site before I ever talked with a steward. The stuff I read here sparked my interest in being an active union member. Invaluable from that perspective. But as a business this place is a bust.
@542thruNthru posted last night some tax forms from some year past that said it was making about $24,000 a year at one point That’s pretty decent amount of money.

@542thruNthru posted last night some tax forms from some year past that said it was making about $24,000 a year at one point That’s pretty decent amount of money.
My understanding was that is all the sites under the LLC. Who knows what the breakdown between the sites was/is. I think this was a passion project from the start. If the site continues under new ownership hopefully the new owner is able to break even in their expenses.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If the price is too high it's because she doesn't really want to sell it.

If someone is actually interested they should offer to run it for part ownership. Might be a stepping stone for her to start letting go of something with sentimental value.