Maps are gone and I don’t care

govols019

You smell that?
Street guides were a paper map. Just in a book form.
Maybe I'm showing my age...I remember going to the 911 system and away from delivering by RR/Box numbers.

Now they have the DIAD show them where to go. If they ever had to truly run a route blind in an old 800 with no power steering they would never complain about how easy they have it now.

JL 0513

Maps definitely help if you're running a route blind. If you eventually learn the route then yeah you don't need it.

The map feature in this case isn't about reading a map in the traditional sense of needing directions. Navigation takes care of that. The map feature plotted our stops for the day and made selecting a logical order a breeze.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
The map feature in this case isn't about reading a map in the traditional sense of needing directions. Navigation takes care of that. The map feature plotted our stops for the day and made selecting a logical order a breeze.
We have several drivers that go into the dispatcher’s office every morning and are having them print their manifest. 🤣

Same drivers that come in at least an hour before start time and act like they are prepping for battle.

I just don’t understand those people.🤦‍♂️