Mask Detection, and Temperature Scanners Coming to UPS???

542thruNthru

Really? Can’t believe they would come out of pocket to have nurses doing that everyday.
20200720_214116.jpg

Box Ox

UPS would never spend the money on this technology , they simply don’t care if we are sick. They don’t want a high temperature being recorded then the route would have to be covered last minute.
🧔✊
Indeed. I do know of a guy on here who could probably train folks to take the rectal temperatures of management and corporate if they’d like to lead by example during a similar company-wide effort. If you’re gonna do it on the cheap might you’d better make sure you get it right.

We have a few nurses outside the gate that scan your temp and ask you if you're NO for all the questions.

“Ooooo, look at us in 542! We’ve even got our own sexy nurse squads tending to us when we get to work!”

542thruNthru

Thats pretty wild they hired nurses. I think our building has people from Human Resources or Health and Safety doing ours.
They had a HR guy out there before it all. Everyone ignored him or argued with him. He stopped going out there and someone called the health department. Soon after that they got the nurses. Some people were jerks to them but soon realized they were just trying to do a job and weren't UPS management.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Indeed. I do know of a guy on here who could probably train folks to take the rectal temperatures of management and corporate if they’d like to lead by example during a similar company-wide effort. If you’re gonna do it on the cheap might you’d better make sure you get it right.

“Ooooo, look at us in 542! We’ve even got our own sexy nurse squads tending to us when we get to work!”
I heard in the 542 they have a Starbucks attached to the hub
🧔✊

Box Ox

They had a HR guy out there before it all. Everyone ignored him or argued with him. He stopped going out there and someone called the health department. Soon after that they got the nurses. Some people were jerks to them but soon realized they were just trying to do a job and weren't UPS management.
I’d think I’d just arrived in Europe or some :censored2: if they had that where I am.

I heard in the 542 they have a Starbucks attached to the hub
🧔✊
Indeed. And that’s not even the Union’s doing. That’s required by California state law.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't think a doctors note is a violation of privacy though "So and So run's abnormally hot ..... Signed doctor Blah blah"

Maybe a note saying so and so is clear to work. The company doesn't need to know more than that. But the real issue is why should I be forced to prove that I am not a risk to others? Why should I be expected to go to the effort of setting up and going to a Dr. appointment just to satisfy the company's innapropriate curiosity? What other ways might I be expected to prove that I don't pose a workplace hazard? How many times and how often must I be required to make the effort?
Absolutely everyday in life is a risk. I don't think trying to eliminate it is a fools errand though. It's good business.... hell its just a good life practice. Risk vs Reward I do hear your concerns and I am mostly in agreement with you.

It is literally impossible to eliminate risk, that is why it's a fool's errand. Risk management is an optimization curve. There is an optimal amount of risk reduction action you can take, beyond which, your risk begins to increase. For example, to keep warm you might put on any number of layers of clothing. At a certain point your risk of freezing is eliminated, but your risk of overheating starts to go up. Risk management is not about absolutes, it is about striking a balance and establishing acceptable amounts of risk.

I appreciate the constructive conversation.

That, and a little playful trolling from time to time, is why I'm here.

How would you be controlled by a box that takes your temperature?
Think. Your diad tracking all you do, your truck, being tailed by supervision, ratted out by fellow employees, start realizing you are ok as long as you walk the line they draw on the ground for you. There is no room for individuality. The new hair rules were to level the playing field. Next? One bathroom for all?