Meaningless Fluff

oldngray

nowhere special
Ehhh.......maybe it was the episodes I saw. To me deadline + restoration/fabrication does not = quality.

I agree. Trying to do one of those restorations in a couple of days is bound to have many defects. Half the time they aren't even sure the car will start when they are about to sell it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Ehhh.......maybe it was the episodes I saw. To me deadline + restoration/fabrication does not = quality.

Maybe its the ones I saw. I don't see much of them in a series. Mostly crap on when I get home. The guy at least seems to care about quality. True that deadlines lead to compromises. All contrived. Those who really want quality can wait years. That and I'm partial to Mopars in general. Sloppily built, but more collectible.
There's a good reason the trunks are always rotted out on E-bodies.

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I agree. Trying to do one of those restorations in a couple of days is bound to have many defects. Half the time they aren't even sure the car will start when they are about to sell it.

Wish I had a dollar every time I saw those guys have the distributor out of phase on the first attempt.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
So where would you spend your millions? :funny:

I love Mopars too. I'd give a nut for a cherry 69 Charger. Should be an even trade as they've been kept pristine in my wife's purse.

Would like to have poured them into my wife's Grandma's 68 Charger when she passed away. All original and nearly perfect. Just a little surface rust and a few minor hickeys. White with red interior and all 4 hubcaps. 383. Not an R/T, but extremely nice. Alas, her other immediate relatives got dibs on it. Just needed an exhaust and radiator repairs to run. I grind my teeth every time I think about it.:sad-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today, my B.C. personalized ads show an Obama mask and where I can get one.
It's because I researched it at amazon.com yesterday.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I liked the phrase....."demented old circus monkey" from King of Queens.
Now, the new phrase is " Trailer park demonic refugee". (I think I heard it on "Below Deck".)

moreluck

golden ticket member
No foul here !!!
occupy_dnc_mask_burning-548x365.jpg

Oddly, no cries of racism.
An Occupy DNC protester wearing a President Obama mask burns a copy of the presidential oath of office during the final night of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., Sept. 6, 2012.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I must be officially old. Even though I'm on vacation from UPS, I had to come back for my day job to work Wednesday. Quiet house, only had 2 beers & fell asleep on the couch at 830. I'm an old boring dude.