Meaningless Fluff

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
They lost me on two things. Every customer bike had to incorporate stuff from the customer. Two was how the vast majority of the bike came out of a catalog.
Ya, never a big fan of the show or bikes either. I guess they gave their customers what they wanted though. Seems like they had a good run for a few years

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
If I was going to drop the dimes on a custom bike I'd go with Jesse James. Yea, he's a :censored2: but he can fabricate and that's 9/10s of the job.
I'm right with you there. I always liked his work. Friend got a pic with him at englishtown this summer, at his merchandising trailer. Jesse didn't have much to say but offered to sign the pic for $.

I'm right with you there. I always liked his work. Friend got a pic with him at englishtown this summer, at his merchandising trailer. Jesse didn't have much to say but offered to sign the pic for $.

WCC: "So I took a sheet of aluminum over to the english wheel and the planishing hammer and made a fender.

OCC: "Yo, pop. Where's the fender catalog?"

The only good thing about OCC is they spent a ton on Next Day Air shipping. Thanks for those tight deadlines, guys.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
WCC: "So I took a sheet of aluminum over to the english wheel and the planishing hammer and made a fender.

OCC: "Yo, pop. Where's the fender catalog?"

The only good thing about OCC is they spent a ton on Next Day Air shipping. Thanks for those tight deadlines, guys.
I like that comparison. Some cool video on you tube with jesse building parts.
I'm no bike builder, but I am fortunate to have a few really good friends that have helped me quite a bit

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Be polite :)
20130811_130050.jpg

I'm no bike builder, but I am fortunate to have a few really good friends that have helped me quite a bit

I've always appreciated the talent to take raw materials and make something one off with it.

You can tell who's really got talent and who's just a pretender. Chip Foose is ,IMO, the #1 guy hands down. People dream of winning the lottery. Chip would be getting my call as soon as I got the check to have him build me something.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

I've always appreciated the talent to take raw materials and make something one off with it.

You can tell who's really got talent and who's just a pretender. Chip Foose is ,IMO, the #1 guy hands down. People dream of winning the lottery. Chip would be getting my call as soon as I got the check to have him build me something.
Ya, I think he'd be my guy too. But for a bike, I'm thinking an old school Arlen Ness or if I could get someone to part with theirs, an Indian Larry would be my dream bike.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Chip is an incredible artist. Ever watch him just whip out those concept pictures? His finished product is always tasteful, unlike some other shows.

Chip is an incredible artist. Ever watch him just whip out those concept pictures? His finished product is always tasteful, unlike some other shows.

​Speaking of other shows. For some reason I catch myself watching Fast and Loud and I always end up yelling at the half-ass work they do.