Meaningless Fluff

moreluck

golden ticket member
​SNOW! It's this white, cold stuff that falls from the sky.
Well, it's 55 degrees right now........going to 70 for a high and maybe a little drizzle later. Predicted to be 80 by Thursday. This snow you speak of does not compute!! Don't hate me 'cause I'm west and warm.

over9five

Staff member
Well, it's 55 degrees right now........going to 70 for a high and maybe a little drizzle later. Predicted to be 80 by Thursday. This snow you speak of does not compute!! Don't hate me 'cause I'm west and warm.
Hate you?!?!? I hate the cold. I may come stay with you this winter!

​The commute would suck, tho...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Spent a rainy, cold Saturday reading the latest legal thriller from John Grisham:

51WzZQeeXdL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

As soon as I find it at Goodwill I will read it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do yourself a favor and re-read "A Time to Kill" before reading this one which, BTW, I only paid $16 something for on Amazon.

Read all 446 pages yesterday. He is certainly back on his game with this one. Excellent read with very interesting plot twists.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Do yourself a favor and re-read "A Time to Kill" before reading this one which, BTW, I only paid $16 something for on Amazon.

Read all 446 pages yesterday. He is certainly back on his game with this one. Excellent read with very interesting plot twists.

99 cents sounds better. I just read The Chamber and then watched the movie.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Red Box is great !! For $1.29 I am never disappointed if a movie stinks. Even better......Express Files is free and we download on that.........just watched that crazy Seth Rogan movie from there. (This is the End)
Some people think it's stupid to save money....I like the challenge.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Red Box is great !! For $1.29 I am never disappointed if a movie stinks. Even better......Express Files is free and we download on that.........just watched that crazy Seth Rogan movie from there. (This is the End)
Some people think it's stupid to save money....I like the challenge.

Stupid people think it's stupid to save money!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bet you go to the matinee if you can and you don't spend $5 for a drink or $5 for the popcorn!

I haven't paid to go to the movies in over a year. What started out as two free passes a couple of Peaks ago has now turned in to an unlimited free movie pass. The theater in the mall puts their prepaid returns at the end of the concession counter and, since the mall driver is either done too early or can't be bothered, they would sit there for days. I use their restroom (it is cleaner than the mall one) so one day I picked them up as a courtesy. She thanked me and I thought nothing of it. I kept on doing it and now she thanks me with free movies.

I do confess that I go to Target before the show to grab a $1 box of candy.