Meaningless Fluff

moreluck

golden ticket member
I see your Christmas tree & raise you with Christmas carols.
I've been listening to that for a week or 2 in the mornings. My kids like it, wife, not so much.
Oh, that reminds me. I need to pull out the cd's of Dean Martin's Christmas Hits, Christmas With Sinatra, Andy Williams Christmas....and my fave Johnny Mathis Christmas Hits.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Oh, that reminds me. I need to pull out the cd's of Dean Martin's Christmas Hits, Christmas With Sinatra, Andy Williams Christmas....and my fave Johnny Mathis Christmas Hits.
Those are all good. I mostly use pandora though. Even set up a Sinatra station for when my in laws come over.
​Good stuff.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Those are all good. I mostly use pandora though. Even set up a Sinatra station for when my in laws come over.
​Good stuff.
Don't forget the big bands and Mannheim Steamroller. The cool thing is that all of this great music is available in the bins at the stores for $5 a cd.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There should be a FCC Law that Christmas Music can't be played on the air till Thanksgiving Nite !!

They should tack that on to the law that no retail stores, other than convenience, be allowed to open at all on Thanksgiving.

I got my hair cut last night (on the clock) and the stylist told me that the mall is opening at 10pm Thanksgiving night and that since they are in the mall they have to be open as well. Who in the hell is going to go to the mall at 10pm just to get their hair cut?

It is Christmas music.

oldupsman

They should tack that on to the law that no retail stores, other than convenience, be allowed to open at all on Thanksgiving.

I got my hair cut last night (on the clock) and the stylist told me that the mall is opening at 10pm Thanksgiving night and that since they are in the mall they have to be open as well. Who in the hell is going to go to the mall at 10pm just to get their hair cut?

It is Christmas music.

The mall will open at 10PM Thanksgiving night because people are going to be there. Don't get me wrong, I agree with what
you're saying but,it's not going to stop until people stop showing up.

And yes, it is Christmas music.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The mall will open at 10PM Thanksgiving night because people are going to be there. Don't get me wrong, I agree with what
you're saying but,it's not going to stop until people stop showing up.And yes, it is Christmas music.

People will be there----not this people----other people.

I will be with my son spending the day with my daughter and her husband's family. 10 pm we will be watching the football game (yes, there is Thanksgiving night football this year---Steelers/Ravens----a match-up that looked good on paper in June)

moreluck

golden ticket member
In our development......a bunch of different neighborhoods....they already wrapped the trees in the white lights....they just aren't turning them on 'til Thanksgiving night.

moreluck

golden ticket member
And sadly enough they will probably called Holiday Trees!!
Also the reason we don't attend the "Holiday Party" for the community. I refuse to be around people who will dry up and die if they say the word, "Christmas". Also, at $65 a person, I'd rather go to a fancy restaurant and have lobster and I'd still have money left over!!

oldupsman

People will be there----not this people----other people.

I will be with my son spending the day with my daughter and her husband's family. 10 pm we will be watching the football game (yes, there is Thanksgiving night football this year---Steelers/Ravens----a match-up that looked good on paper in June)

Me neither. I absolutely refuse to join the madness. Will be with the family doing the same.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mine is all done. Daughter needed money to sign up for a hockey league so I sent their Christmas check early. Son will be studying abroad for two weeks throughout Southeast Asia in March so his Christmas will be when I pay for part of his trip (hopefully we will have received our back-pay checks by then).

Indecisi0n

Mine is all done. Daughter needed money to sign up for a hockey league so I sent their Christmas check early. Son will be studying abroad for two weeks throughout Southeast Asia in March so his Christmas will be when I pay for part of his trip (hopefully we will have received our back-pay checks by then).

So your kids are using your money so they can get away from you, Genius!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son is going for his MBA with a concentration in Supply Chain/Logistics. The two weeks spent in SE Asia will be an invaluable experience for him, both culturally and academically. The trip is $4K plus his personal expenses so my ex and I will each kick in $1K and the remainder will come from his tax refund. My normal Christmas gift to the kids is $500 each but this trip is a once-in-a-lifetime thing so I have no problem doubling that. We did the same when our daughter spent a month in Europe a few years ago.

"Here comes the pitch......oh, he swings and misses (badly)."