Meaningless Fluff

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Received my 2014 UPS Collection catalog today. Saw a few items that I wanted so I went to upsers to place my order. My order total was $12 and change----shipping was $12 and change. There were no other shipping options available so I did not place my order and the catalog will go in the recycling bin tomorrow morning.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Received my 2014 UPS Collection catalog today. Saw a few items that I wanted so I went to upsers to place my order. My order total was $12 and change----shipping was $12 and change. There were no other shipping options available so I did not place my order and the catalog will go in the recycling bin tomorrow morning.
Do we get a ups discount on shipping packages? I know a few years ago we didn't. I generally avoid shipping or receiving anything from ups....I'll use usps and wait 7 days....lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No surepost??.....lol

The only option was UPS Ground. The stuff that I wanted to buy was nothing that I really needed. The girls at MBE keep asking me for UPS coffee mugs so I was going to buy them each a different coffee mug. There was a I <3 Logistics hat that I wanted to buy for my son, who is looking to pursue a career w/UPS Logistics. There was also a two tone UPS baseball-style hat that I wanted but I was certainly not going to pay more for shipping that I spent on the products.

Is surepost shipping significantly cheaper than ground?

Surepost is "free".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Im not sure the regular person has the surepost shipping option. I know you can send things shipper release at a cheaper price.

Shippers have to sign a contract in order to qualify for Surepost----someone walking in to the customer counter cannot ship a pkg Surepost. They can choose shipper release, which is a slightly reduced shipping option which precludes the shipper from filing a claim.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You won't see the terms Surepost or Smartpost on most e-tailer websites-----your order will most likely be shipped using either of these two options if you select "free shipping".
Ahh I see...apparently those fake Amish fireplaces can be shipped surepost...I had one today. That must have been one angry mailperson....lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ahh I see...apparently those fake Amish fireplaces can be shipped surepost...I had one today. That must have been one angry mailperson....lol

That's yet another example of how a UPS policy changes. Surepost was originally meant for residential packages weighing just a few pounds which would be cheaper for us to have the Post Office deliver. Amish fireplaces should not be Surepost.

That's yet another example of how a UPS policy changes. Surepost was originally meant for residential packages weighing just a few pounds which would be cheaper for us to have the Post Office deliver. Amish fireplaces should not be Surepost.

They do it at commercial stops too. I have a stop where I take 30 packages and the maimanl takes 50 surepost to the same stop. WTF?

over9five

Staff member
Cancel the order. Sharks are made by a company called Euro-Pro. We used to have one of their distribution centers here and you would not believe the number of returns they would receive.

I ain't gonna tell Mrs Ovah what kind of mop to buy......

.....but I'll let you know what happens with it!