Meaningless Fluff

oldngray

nowhere special
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/01/10/aussies-unleash-v8-powered-chainsaw/?intcmp=features
v8-chainsaw-660.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm getting ready to head out to our union meeting. No, I did not have to call for directions-----the meeting is being held at our local VFW hall. I am making a point of going to this meeting as the climate at work has changed and not for the better. Our new center manager is trying to make a name for himself----no one has been fired yet but he did withhold 2 days of holiday pay from a driver who banged in 1/2. He has also told us point blank that he will be following the contract to the letter and expects us to do the same which, for a lot of us, will be a big change. Should be an interesting meeting.

oldngray

nowhere special
I always had to go through that hassle every time a new center manager came in. They always wanted to change everything to stamp their fingerprints on the whole operation. Usually they thought they knew better from the book what was supposed to work and ignored lessons learned in the center from experience. After a few months things usually mostly went back to how things had been done previously. The problem now I think is the old managers who really understood operations are mostly gone now and the new ones are just yes men following (and probably even believing) every directive from above.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always had to go through that hassle every time a new center manager came in. They always wanted to change everything to stamp their fingerprints on the whole operation. Usually they thought they knew better from the book what was supposed to work and ignored lessons learned in the center from experience. After a few months things usually mostly went back to how things had been done previously. The problem now I think is the old managers who really understood operations are mostly gone now and the new ones are just yes men following (and probably even believing) every directive from above.

Our new center manager drove for 12 years so he knows from what he speaks. As you said, he is trying to put his stamp on the operation; however, I don't see it going back to the way that it was for a long time, if at all.

rod

Retired 23 years
Our new center manager drove for 12 years so he knows from what he speaks. As you said, he is trying to put his stamp on the operation; however, I don't see it going back to the way that it was for a long time, if at all.

He was a 12 year driver and he still went into management? What a zero.

The guys who want it to the letter always hate getting what they asked for.

Remind him that all the OSHA and DOT rules will be followed also.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The guys who want it to the letter always hate getting what they asked for.

Remind him that all the OSHA and DOT rules will be followed also.

This was discussed at length during our meeting today. Guys are starting taking their lunches and breaks when they are supposed to and will start filing on every little contract violation that they see. He wants to play hardball----we can play.

This was discussed at length during our meeting today. Guys are starting taking their lunches and breaks when they are supposed to and will start filing on every little contract violation that they see. He wants to play hardball----we can play.

Winner,winner, chicken dinner.

No more "discussions" over concerns. Mistakes by drivers get discipline? Mistakes by management get grievances/phone calls to proper authorities.