What'dyabringmetoday???

If they are using contractors and seniority drivers are sitting at home, I'm confused how it could be denied.

At the very least.... you would expect it to be deadlocked into arbitration.

Yep.

"If the National Grievance Committee resolves any dispute by a majority vote of those present and voting, such decision shall be final and binding upon all parties."

Just a bad situation, all around.
Please stop pretending that your precious union does not allow UPS to do as it pleases...

Big Rigger

Now that's funny.

She is not even a Teamster anymore. Destroyed her Local, then worked briefly for another NY local, and wound up

working for a UFCW local. And only 2 elections ago.... she was running for the IBT. Sandy Dope.
Well at least she's been busy.
And it looks like she bypassed the buffets.

But you have to remember the support she had for president.
Minus Z and G running she would've faired out pretty darn good...against the name Hoff a.

So that being said, how weak was the support for the incumbent GP compared to a (little) girl with all the alleged frailties you mentioned above?
If the membership had respect for the job the GP was doing, basking in the glory of his dad's name, then why was this little girl such a threat to knocking him off?

That my good friend is the failure the union has lived and dealt with for about two decades.

Big Rigger

Meh.

Oh yeah.... when she was President of Local 805.... she drove a Toyota Prius.

:biggrin:
I know a local (I presume) in your state that the president and sec treasurer both drive Hondas.
And the pres is lifted up to the sargent of arms position at the panel by a co-chair with the president only having 18 months of experience, wasn't a UPSer, doesn't know the contract, and never attended a local meeting for years until he got slotted into his job by the strength of the others on the slate.
Then decided to side with the company on numerous issues (that he knew nothing about) and didn't present notarized testimonies to help a member when the steward retired.

Yeah, there's problems everywhere but dishonesty should get a p.o.'s card pulled.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But you have to remember the support she had for president.
Minus Z and G running she would've faired out pretty darn good...against the name Hoff a.

She was the 3rd party spoiler, to take votes away from the 2 Freds. (G and Z)

Either she was put up to it.... or TDU was trying to save face by having her run, just so their name was out there.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I know a local (I presume) in your state that the president and sec treasurer both drive Hondas.
And the pres is lifted up to the sargent of arms position at the panel by a co-chair with the president only having 18 months of experience, wasn't a UPSer, doesn't know the contract, and never attended a local meeting for years until he got slotted into his job by the strength of the others on the slate.
Then decided to side with the company on numerous issues (that he knew nothing about) and didn't present notarized testimonies to help a member when the steward retired.

Yeah, there's problems everywhere but dishonesty should get a p.o.'s card pulled.

Not familiar with those situations, so I can't disagree.

You're there my friend.... and not me.

I defer to you.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
That is the normal process for hearing grievances that are essentially similar. Filing an all affected grievance, or "et. al." is the same thing.

What's really going on here is sickening and should be glaringly obvious. Connect the dots.
Bundling can only happen if the local agrees. Sometimes the company will ask them if they will bundle them and use one as a test case but the local has to agree. Sounds like the local might have made a bad decision but if there is no explanation, it leaves doubt.

BrownMonk

The central states pension was always envied at my local, and look what happened, they had there pension cut in half, and my pension is better! Someone screwed up! In my opinion, pensions should be THE number one priority for the next union president! If our pay is the same nationally why don’t we have a uniform pension?
The Butch Lewis Act "fixed" the Central States and other pensions on cuts(still pending based on feds setting guidelines). Reduced amounts and lack of funds will be covered by government until 2050. Having said that, the membership decides what is important. I know a bunch of contracts in my local where the guys have asked for wage increases rather than healthcare or pension and it was their right. A decade goes by and the first thing they scream is that they are paying for their benefits and their pension is less than others. DUH...thats what you asked for.

BrownMonk

Feds bailed em out and they get all the money back retroactively
Feds paid what should have been done way before. The pension funds had paid "insurance" for decades which should have covered some of the loses and when it came time to collect, the government wouldn't cover.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Feds paid what should have been done way before. The pension funds had paid "insurance" for decades which should have covered some of the loses and when it came time to collect, the government wouldn't cover.
I agree, it should have been taken care of long ago, it was largely caused by the feds and it would have cost a lot less to fix it

BrownMonk

Imo the strength of the local is only as honest and engaged as the officers are.
I agree with that, but I also know that the Teamster locals that are only UPS are typically missing basic labor law info and other missing components. If you only deal with one company, they can convince you that something is the way it is supposed to be. Without something to compare it with, you have no idea. If you talk to members of other companies, you become more well rounded on your knowledge.