Mike R removed from UPS Negotiating Team

F

Frankie's Friend

Maybe Mr Rankin wasn’t being totally honest in his assessment of negotiations?
Then where is the rebuttal from hof on SOB and Rankin's dissention? You remember what Sean wrote after he got the axe? Dude, not everyone falls on their sword for this GP or ST and even less upsers.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I read what was written that rankin was removed but what issue was he protesting or what was the ibt screwing upsers with that made him mad.......or did he just get caught leaking the negotiating committees strategy for the negotiations

Tony Q

Statement from FZ "In yet another cowardly act by the IBT they have removed Brother Mike R from UPS Freight and UPS negotiations. It all stems from the IBT telling us not to communicate to our members about negotiations. That will never happen. I have the utmost respect for Brother Rankin. A former Marine and Steward he is a fighter for the membership. Please join me and send a message to Brother Rankin showing your support for continued transparency in negotiations."
When you are in negotiations is it something that needs to be 100% discussed on the shop floor? If you think so I'd raise my eyebrow. There are certain things in negotiations that shouldn't be put on facebook. Brother Rankin was playing politics, as it looks to me. I might be wrong but it makes you wonder how much brother rankin wants to negotiate in good faith.

Tony Q

Statement from Mike R "I was removed from the UPS/UPSF Committees today. This is an outrage and every Teamster in the world should be :censored2: off about this!! If you’re not a yes man, the IBT does not want you on their Negotiating Committees, period!! The people on these Negotiating Committees are supposed to be working for you, the members....and that’s exactly what I was doing...working to get you the best contract possible. Am I going to discuss contract proposals/negotiations with my members? Always and absolutely I am, because that’s who I work for and represent and it’s your contract that’s being negotiated. My members will never be left in the dark or lied to on my watch!! We need to vote every last one of those criminals in the IBT out next election....they are in bed with UPS!! I am truly overwhelmed by all the calls, texts and Facebook comments of support from my Teamster brothers and sisters. I love you all. This fight has just begun, and this dastardly act by the IBT has only increased my resolve to fight for a fair contract for you."
Negotiating a contract on facebook. Wow the world is changing very rapidly.

Tony Q

I read what was written that rankin was removed but what issue was he protesting or what was the ibt screwing upsers with that made him mad.......or did he just get caught leaking the negotiating committees strategy for the negotiations
He put out information that he was not supposed to, on facebook. Now he can no longer be a voice for his members.

F

Frankie's Friend

When you are in negotiations is it something that needs to be 100% discussed on the shop floor? If you think so I'd raise my eyebrow. There are certain things in negotiations that shouldn't be put on facebook. Brother Rankin was playing politics, as it looks to me. I might be wrong but it makes you wonder how much brother rankin wants to negotiate in good faith.
Yeah dude, the last cba was negotiated in good faith huh? Dream on dude.

542thruNthru

So brother Rankin taking it to Facebook and other places he agreed not to was the best way to represent his members?

The problem is too many members are into the politics. Any little thing that makes the IBT or TDU look bad will be jumped on hard.

Do I want to know what's going on? Yes and No
Do I trust Hoffa? No
Do I think Mike did it for the members? No

We saw the proposals sent in. We know what's been requested and now when we see the contract proposal we will know how good or bad they did. That should be plenty of info for a member to vote Yes or No.

Say what you want but I believe this was a political move. Politics is all about making the other side look bad and as you all can see it's working on some.

Tony Q

The problem is too many members are into the politics. Any little thing that makes the IBT or TDU look bad will be jumped on hard.

Do I trust Hoffa? No

We saw the proposals sent in. We know what's been requested and now when we see the contract proposal we will know how good or bad they did. That should be plenty of info for a member to vote Yes or No.

Say what you want but I believe this was a political move. Politics is all about making the other side look bad and as you all can see it's working on some.
What about the proposals from the company? Those would have actually been something good to release when they released our proposals. This would have leveled the playing field a little and offered the members a different perspective.

542thruNthru

What about the proposals from the company? Those would have actually been something good to release when they released our proposals. This would have leveled the playing field a little and offered the members a different perspective.

I'm believe they released some but from what I saw with our proposals. Half our members would have freaked out. Too many have no idea what's going on right now. Like I said in another thread half my building thought the proposals was the new contract.

Tony Q

I'm believe they released some but from what I saw with our proposals. Half our members would have freaked out. Too many have no idea what's going on right now. Like I said in another thread half my building thought the proposals was the new contract.
I know exactly what you mean there.

F

Frankie's Friend

Do I trust Hoffa? No
Say what you want but I believe this was a political move.
Please tell us what gain Rankin would achieve at this point of the game?
Politics has nothing to do with being gunshy after the last cba fiasco. PO'd members that got screwed the last time and treated like 2 yr olds are watching this new "transparency" movement and after SOB got slapped down for being a strong and engaged leader the quacking sound is probably a duck. Dude, stop with the tdu garbage. This is about truth. Some on here have great imaginations. Find a new mantra.

Tony Q

One thing is for sure. Once this contract is ratified the UPS members in local 89 will have the option of opting out of the union. Kentucky is a right to work state now and the local stands to lose quite a bit of members. Employees guaranteed 3 hours are going to bolt on the union. Its sad to see, but would definitely be a reason to hold up another contract for a couple of years like last time.

542thruNthru

Politics has nothing to do with being gunshy after the last cba fiasco. PO'd members that got screwed the last time and treated like 2 yr olds are watching this new "transparency" movement and after SOB got slapped down for being a strong and engaged leader the quacking sound is probably a duck. Dude, stop with the tdu garbage. This is about truth. Some on here have great imaginations. Find a new mantra.

Everyone has their own opinion. You can see what you want to see. I'm not going to get into politics.

It's obvious you're angry about everything Sickofit, find a new mantra.

F

Frankie's Friend

One thing is for sure. Once this contract is ratified the UPS members in local 89 will have the option of opting out of the union. Kentucky is a right to work state now and the local stands to lose quite a bit of members. Employees guaranteed 3 hours are going to bolt on the union. Its sad to see, but would definitely be a reason to hold up another contract for a couple of years like last time.
Was it a couple of years? Seemed like 9 months to me.
Everyone has their own opinion. You can see what you want to see. I'm not going to get into politics.

It's obvious you're angry about everything Sickofit, find a new mantra.
Dude, you brought up politics , the IBT and TDU (now you made me say that three lettered word) not me. I am definitely sick of that worn out song. Sickofit. The negotiations (without Sean) are not their negotiations they are ours. We have a right and the responsibility to watch our backs. The majority of ups Teamsters dont totally trust the leadership due to their past actions and how Sean was treated so please dont try to sell the worn out episode of tdu (or tu) sour grapes revenge. The proof will be in the pudding shortly and it will either grow the dissention or squelch it. Its not tdu time. Its IBT showtime and the outcome of this cba just may chart the course for future strength or apathy.