Mike R removed from UPS Negotiating Team

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Was this the Facebook post that precipitated Mike's removal from the National Negotiating Committees???

rankin-image.jpg

How dastardly....???

I certainly don't advocate "negotiating on the docks", but I hardly see this as that???

~Bbbl~™
I think it was refreshing and honest.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Was this the Facebook post that precipitated Mike's removal from the National Negotiating Committees???

rankin-image.jpg

How dastardly....???

I certainly don't advocate "negotiating on the docks", but I hardly see this as that???

~Bbbl~™
Informing the masses (and getting them involved and perhaps enraged) apparently is frowned upon.....

Gimme Danger

Do you see the possibility of the UPS contract being a winner for anyone who will be negotiating it? Do you think its an enviable situation to be the Smallest Package Director? Or would it be a better position politically to distance yourself from this thing and sit back and blast the people negotiating it from behind enemy lines? Just some questions for you to ponder.

The IBT put itself in an unwinnable position by keeping the supplemental chair of the largest ups local off the national committee, and by firing Sean before negotiations started.
If things go sideways between the committee and locals, Hoffa has no one to blame but himself.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I think that may be the way they want it?

A definition of insanity; doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result. We got basically the same leadership negotiationing this contract, what has changed for us to expect a different outcome.

It is still early yet and a long road has to driven to get this contract ratified.

Tony Q

The IBT put itself in an unwinnable position by keeping the supplemental chair of the largest ups local off the national committee, and by firing Sean before negotiations started.
If things go sideways between the committee and locals, Hoffa has no one to blame but himself.
Wait, wasn't mike r on the negotiating committee? Sounds like they put him on, and he kinda got himself kicked off by negotiating the contract on Facebook.

Tony Q

Ran his mouth.... to the members on facebook.

"After the last round of contract negotiations, Mike R, Local 89’s representative on the UPS Freight National Negotiating Committee, posted a contract update on Facebook."

First a Brownout, Now a Crackdown

My post, was in relation to the thread topic.

-Bug-
I know we are in a new frontier with social media and all but negotiating on facebook is still going to be frowned upon. I know that some members will like this but its not in the best interest of all members.

Tony Q

Mike R isn't chair of his supplemental committee, FZ is. Nice try.
Fred isn't the chair of the Central Region Supplement. Now he might be for his Rider, that I don't know. Mike was picked to be on the committee and he kind of lost that privlage by negotiating or grandstanding while on Facebook. Nice try.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You got to play your cards close to the vest with the information if you want to be in the room.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

He is obviously inexperienced and listening to the goofball FZ. (and TDU)

He stepped on Mr. Johnson.... and there is no going back.

-Bug-

Tony Q

I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

He is obviously inexperienced and listening to the goofball FZ. (and TDU)

He stepped on Mr. Johnson.... and there is no going back.

-Bug-
He could have wanted to do this. Maybe brother Mike R is actually playing them into his own hands.