Mike R removed from UPS Negotiating Team

35years

Gravy route
All this drama, for what?
We will likely get 2% a year for 4 of the 5 years, split.
No real change in pension funding or 9.5 language.
Seasonal only PVDs.
No drone or driver-less vehicle language.
Surepost language that is unenforceable with no penalty.
$15 for new hire PT, which UPS was going to have to do anyways.

Just like always...Same ol' same ol'.

The same locals (who already have better supplements) will vote no and be forced to accept it...No more holding the rest of the country hostage for a sweet deal for the chosen few.

F

Frankie's Friend

Seasonal only PVDs.

The same locals (who already have better supplements) will vote no and be forced to accept it...No more holding the rest of the country hostage for a sweet deal for the chosen few.
Very optimistic.

Tony Q

Was it a couple of years? Seemed like 9 months to me.

Dude, you brought up politics , the IBT and TDU (now you made me say that three lettered word) not me. I am definitely sick of that worn out song. Sickofit. The negotiations (without Sean) are not their negotiations they are ours. We have a right and the responsibility to watch our backs. The majority of ups Teamsters dont totally trust the leadership due to their past actions and how Sean was treated so please dont try to sell the worn out episode of tdu (or tu) sour grapes revenge. The proof will be in the pudding shortly and it will either grow the dissention or squelch it. Its not tdu time. Its IBT showtime and the outcome of this cba just may chart the course for future strength or apathy.
Do you see the possibility of the UPS contract being a winner for anyone who will be negotiating it? Do you think its an enviable situation to be the Smallest Package Director? Or would it be a better position politically to distance yourself from this thing and sit back and blast the people negotiating it from behind enemy lines? Just some questions for you to ponder.

Future

Victory Ride
Seasonal only PVDs.

Unfortunately... I think you summed it up pretty accurate

Tony Q

The above question Sickofit is a loaded question by the way. I am leading you somewhere so answer it to the best of your knowledge as a Teamster.

F

Frankie's Friend

Do you see the possibility of the UPS contract being a winner for anyone who will be negotiating it? Do you think its an enviable situation to be the Smallest Package Director? Or would it be a better position politically to distance yourself from this thing and sit back and blast the people negotiating it from behind enemy lines? Just some questions for you to ponder.
Oh yeah dude youre right. I see the light now. I blame tdu. Thanks for your help

Tony Q

Oh yeah dude youre right. I see the light now. I blame tdu. Thanks for your help
Actually I don't blame TDU at all. If Sean is going to run for IBT president do you think it was in his best interests to be the lead negotiator for the UPS contract?

F

Frankie's Friend

I'm not @Sickofit, not literatally anyway, but I count 3 questions?

Which one are you trying to lead him with?
Yeah mr bubblehead. You know this isnt about members recoiling bevause they got lied to (on several issues) last cba, noting that it took the better part of a yr to force it on, i mean for the members to ratify it. Its about tdu and political ambitions.

F

Frankie's Friend

Actually I don't blame TDU at all. If Sean is going to run for IBT president do you think it was in his best interests to be the lead negotiator for the UPS contract?
A. I was posting tjat earlier to respond to 542 not necessarily you. You just decided to wade into it
B. We will never know what Sean couldve done now will we?
This should answer at least what i wss saying overall. Sprinkle a bit of salt on tje last cba lemonade and itll mask the left over sour taste for some

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

What about the proposals from the company? Those would have actually been something good to release when they released our proposals. This would have leveled the playing field a little and offered the members a different perspective.
Possibly.
I'm believe they released some but from what I saw with our proposals. Half our members would have freaked out. Too many have no idea what's going on right now. Like I said in another thread half my building thought the proposals was the new contract.
Yiu believe they released them to whom? Ok

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If he really did care about us getting a good contract. He would have kept his mouth shut so he could stay in the room and help us where we need him.

Instead he played politics. That doesn't help us it helps him.

He couldn't follow 1 simple instruction, and paid the price.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
F

Frankie's Friend

Ran his mouth.... to the members on facebook.

"After the last round of contract negotiations, Mike R, Local 89’s representative on the UPS Freight National Negotiating Committee, posted a contract update on Facebook."

First a Brownout, Now a Crackdown

My post, was in relation to the thread topic.

-Bug-
I mentioned the thread topic's subject, and paralleled the other seemingly unfounded and unexplained situation in the same question. Thats a situation that gives credibility to the current administration and then some of us blame political motives? Ok

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I mentioned the thread topic's subject, and paralleled the other seemingly unfounded and unexplained situation in the same question. Thats a situation that gives credibility to the current administration and then some of us blame political motives? Ok

Not sure, what you are saying.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ran his mouth.... to the members on facebook.

"After the last round of contract negotiations, Mike R, Local 89’s representative on the UPS Freight National Negotiating Committee, posted a contract update on Facebook."
Was this the Facebook post that precipitated Mike's removal from the National Negotiating Committees???

rankin-image.jpg

How dastardly....???

I certainly don't advocate "negotiating on the docks", but I hardly see this as that???

~Bbbl~™