movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
First there was Child's Play, then Child's Play 2, then Child's Play 3, then Bride of Chucky, then Seed of Chucky and tonight we watched The Curse of Chucky. He's the doll that just won't die !!

When you start watching sequels, you have to see them all. I guess you are always hoping one of them will be as good as the first. You'd think we'd learn a lesson after a few 'Jaws' movies.

At least I was entertained for 97 mins. looking for the mistakes. I'm a Chucky fan. Dolls are scary to me like clowns are scary to some others.

Six movies down.....let's see if they have the balls to make another one.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Somebody done brung their trumpet."

(TCM) Watched 'No Time For Sergeants' for the umpteenth time. To see Andy and Don Knotts and know that they will be together in the Mayberry series is neat.
One of the few black and white movies I can tolerate. That N. Carolina rhythm to his speech is addictive. Just a good funny movie.

rod

Retired 23 years
Watched Monuments Men last night. The first part was really hard to understand what was going on but it ended up being a fairly decent movie. Glad I didn't spent big money to see it in a theater though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched 'Horrible Bosses' tonight........with Jason Bateman, Jennifer Aniston, Jason Sudeikis, Kevin Spacey and others.

"Three friends conspire to murder their awful bosses when they realize they are standing in the way of their happiness."

I had seen it before, but it's still funny and I didn't want to see Jaws and Jaws 2 again!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Went and saw The Amazing Spiderman 2 tonight at the 640 show. I liked it, pretty good. Probably put that 1 in for a future bluray purchase. Im a try n catch xmen next weekend.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Watched 'Horrible Bosses' tonight........with Jason Bateman, Jennifer Aniston, Jason Sudeikis, Kevin Spacey and others.

"Three friends conspire to murder their awful bosses when they realize they are standing in the way of their happiness."

I had seen it before, but it's still funny and I didn't want to see Jaws and Jaws 2 again!
I would not object to the harassment Jennifer Anniston was dishing out. That was the hardest part of the premise to buy into.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Saw Edge of Tomorrow, great popcorn flick with an interesting tie in to D-Day given that this is June 6. Don't think too hard about the plot, watch Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt do their thing and enjoy the action.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tom Cruise said that Emily's driving in the movie......she does her own driving......nearly killed them both ! She didn't brake for a sharp turn and hit a tree.......did I mention he was standing with half his body out the sun roof? I guess she wasn't on "cruise control".

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Saw Edge of Tomorrow, great popcorn flick with an interesting tie in to D-Day given that this is June 6. Don't think too hard about the plot, watch Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt do their thing and enjoy the action.
Ive been looking forward to this movie. Id like to catch it this weekend if I get the time. Maybe a late afternoon movie before NBA finals on sunday.