movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
I spent all morning watching Wolf of Wall Street.

Great movie. The "Wall St" of this decade

Too much use of the "friend" word, but I was numb to it after awhile.

The actual opening scene is dwarf tossing.........unlike everybody, including the golf buddies, said the opening scene was a girl suckig his....
You see what you want to see.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There were no opening flicks that looked good this weekend, so we saw "A Most Wanted Man". Not an action film really kind of a slow burning espionage thriller, but if you like Le Carre's spy stuff you'll enjoy it. Phillip Seymour Hoffman does a great job in one of his last roles.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched 'Nebraska'. Good movie. Bruce Dern did a good job just being an old man. It was very hard to watch in black & white.

"An aging, booze-addled father makes the trip from Montana to Nebraska with his estranged son in order to claim a million-dollar Mega Sweepstakes Marketing prize."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched 'Odd Thomas'.

"In a California desert town, a short-order cook with clairvoyant abilities encounters a mysterious man with a link to dark, threatening forces."

It's based on a book by Dean Koontz....which is on my shelf but I haven't read it. The movie was OK. I was expecting a loser, but it was OK.

oldngray

nowhere special
Watched 'Odd Thomas'.

"In a California desert town, a short-order cook with clairvoyant abilities encounters a mysterious man with a link to dark, threatening forces."

It's based on a book by Dean Koontz....which is on my shelf but I haven't read it. The movie was OK. I was expecting a loser, but it was OK.
I saw that movie several months ago. Not a bad movie but definitely an odd one.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched 'Devil's Due'. It's filmed in that jerky style like Blair Witch Project. That makes it difficult to watch and it's pretty dark on top of that. It's classified as "horror", but if you can't see things, how is it going to scare or horrify you ?

"After a mysterious, lost night on their honeymoon, a newlywed couple finds themselves dealing with an earlier-than-planned pregnancy."
Don't waste time or money on this one.

wayfair

swollen member
Watched "End of Watch" last night,
liked it a lot! Lots of action!! I'm gonna ask a LEO friend of mine in Riverside if he's seen it and get his review

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Watched 'Devil's Due'. It's filmed in that jerky style like Blair Witch Project. That makes it difficult to watch and it's pretty dark on top of that. It's classified as "horror", but if you can't see things, how is it going to scare or horrify you ?

"After a mysterious, lost night on their honeymoon, a newlywed couple finds themselves dealing with an earlier-than-planned pregnancy."
Don't waste time or money on this one.
I couldn't ever get into the Blair Witch boringazz stuff lol.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I actually watched The Mummy today....the 1959 version.

Peter Cushing was the archeologist and Christopher Lee was the mummy. Hard to believe that as a kid, these movies were scary to us. It's almost comical now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
As Cool As I Am.....

A smart teenage girl comes of age in a small town with her self-centered parents who had her when they were teenagers.
The girl who played the smart daughter is good actress....Sarah Bolger. Enjoyed her performance.
It's not a great movie, but it was an entertaining 92 minutes.
Clair Danes played the mom.

Storyline
Sixteen-year-old Lucy is a tomboy. She gets on well with her father but is frequently separated from him for months on end when he goes to work in Canada. Her relationship with her mother is easy-going and she takes care of most things around the house. She tunes into her sexuality and her not so 'stable' family dynamics. She develops a relationship with her best friend Kenny and starts to realize that her parents' marriage is not as solid as she had previously imagined. She notices that her father's extended stays away from the family are not typical, and that her mother does not pine for her father as much as she herself does.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched my recording of Peter Pan this afternoon. It was OK. I was surprised to see Minnie Driver as the adult Wendy at the end. I didn't know she was in it.

Christopher Walken is like 71, so he was moving pretty good. At least I was able to fast forward through all the ads and any of the songs that I didn't recognize. I enjoyed it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just finished watching Clint Eastwood's movie....Jersey Boys. I was thoroughly entertained with the music of my youth. We also saw Frankie Valli when he went on his own and performed in Vegas.

"The story of four young men from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey who came together to form the iconic 1960s rock group The Four Seasons."
Really enjoyed it.