movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
I spent an enjoyable couple of hours watching Audrey Hepburn in The Nun's Story (1959).

"In 1930, in Belgium, Gabrielle van der Mal is the stubborn daughter of the prominent surgeon Dr. Pascin Van Der Mal that decides to leave her the upper-class family to enter to a convent, .."

The ways of the cloistered nuns was portrayed accurately. Very good movie. Watch it sometime.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I pulled a dvd from the cabinet that had fallen behind the box we keep them in. It was dated Feb. 2010.

It's a movie called Front of the Class. It was a Hallmark TV movie about a teacher that dealt with Tourette's Syndrome from the age of six and became a teacher. Based on a true story. It was really a good movie about not giving up.

"After being challenged by Tourette's syndrome from a very young age, Brad Cohen defies all odds to become a gifted teacher. As Cohen grows up, he must face friends and classmates who don't realize that he sometimes cannot control his outbursts and a father who seems unwilling to accept his son's condition. Written by Hallmark Movie Channel."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "The Ouija Experiment. El cheapo movie, but kind of good.

It was filmed like 'Blair Witch Project' sort of shaky , but there were scary parts. It was OK.

When there's someone behind you in the bathroom mirror.......that one always gets me.

bbsam

Staff member
Over the weekend I watched 25th hour with Edward Norton. I had forgotten how powerful his soliloquy is. Now today hearing of Robin Williams' suicide, I can envision him speaking those powerful lines, lines I think we have all felt at one time or another, especially the last one..."No. friend* you. You had it all and threw it all away."

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched Sharknado 2 today. It was fun when the cameos came on and you try to guess who that recognizable person is without goggling it.
Of course it's a dumb movie.......but it's just some entertainment and not rocket surgery or brain science.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wasted time watching The Invoking........dumb, dumber, dumbest !!

Also watched The Need For Speed....I liked it. Plenty of cool cars and the guy from Gang Related is in it....the mole & also the guy from breaking bad.

"Fresh from prison, a street racer who was framed by a wealthy business associate joins a cross country race with revenge in mind. His ex-partner, learning of the plan, places a massive bounty on his head as the race begins."

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Wasted time watching The Invoking........dumb, dumber, dumbest !!

Also watched The Need For Speed....I liked it. Plenty of cool cars and the guy from Gang Related is in it....the mole & also the guy from breaking bad.

"Fresh from prison, a street racer who was framed by a wealthy business associate joins a cross country race with revenge in mind. His ex-partner, learning of the plan, places a massive bounty on his head as the race begins."
Cant watch that need for speed garbage, been spoiled with the Fast and Furious franchise. Every one of them just gets better and better