movie review

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
yea i know but theres too many movies doin mind control on people, especially war movies. we want to be entertained and we want the truth.
I watch movies for the entertainment not for a science project lol. Yeah I get it some movies like that you want more of the truth or facts but lets face it, its not always going to be like that and its always been like that with Hollywood. I want my cake and eat it at the same time but guess what, it don't always happen like that. You can enjoy a movie and live with the discrepencies in the movie, is what it is. Its kinda like when I hear people say, oh the movie wasn't that good, well that's Hollywood nowadays but people need to open their mind to the audio n video side of the movie as well. Ive seen a lot of movies that the story wasn't that good but still enjoyed the movie because of the audio and video of the movie. Got to get by the fact that sometimes the story isn't going to be the greatest. Set up a nice audio n video cave n immerse yourself in the audio and video and enjoy themselves lol. Im an audio n video junkie so I totally get what Hollywood does nowadays with some movies.

rod

Retired 23 years
We rented A Walk Among the Tombstones........mostly because Liam Neeson was in it.
It didn't stick to the description below...it was disjointed.....I was lost at times and it wasn't that good. The rental was free, so no complaints here.

"Private investigator Matthew Scudder is hired by a drug kingpin to find out who kidnapped and murdered his wife."

We watched that the other night also (free from Red Box). We didn't care for it either. I hate movies that take place mostly in the dark where its hard to see what is going on. We watched another free one last night. "Boyhood" ----it was better but it was a long show.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched that the other night also (free from Red Box). We didn't care for it either. I hate movies that take place mostly in the dark where its hard to see what is going on. We watched another free one last night. "Boyhood" ----it was better but it was a long show.
Well, Boyhood was on my list....it's not now. Thanks for the heads up.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rented 'St. Vincent' from RedBox today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the feeling that Bill Murray's work got weird after Ghostbusters, but his performance in this movie was great!

"A young boy whose parents have just divorced finds an unlikely friend and mentor in the misanthropic, bawdy, hedonistic war veteran who lives next door."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched Stephen King's 'A Good Marriage'.
I liked it as a psychological thriller.

"After 25 years of a good marriage, what will Darcy do once she discovers her husband's sinister secret?"

It was only rated 5.1 out of 10, but I liked it more than the rating's guy. I think men would find it to be too slow because of no bang shoot 'em up bomb stuff. Women might like it better.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched "John Wick"...

"An ex-hitman comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him."

I have never seen so many headshots in a movie. Count them if you watch this. It was pretty good.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just watched "John Wick"...

"An ex-hitman comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him."

I have never seen so many headshots in a movie. Count them if you watch this. It was pretty good.
John Wick was excellent in my opinion. Bought it on Bluray 1st day to add to the collection lol.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched Predestination with Ethan Hawke. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a ZERO !!!
This movie made no sense to me at all. I never knew where it was going. Total stinko!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just watched Predestination with Ethan Hawke. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a ZERO !!!
This movie made no sense to me at all. I never knew where it was going. Total stinko!!
I always read the reviews first, but you know just as well as I do, some reviews are just bogus. I always check out a couple sites that are my go 2's for reviews. I cant tell ya how much I liked John Wick, movie was badasczz dude lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Do you have a bluray burner? I noticed the prices have dropped on those and thinking of getting one.
Yeah on my media pc in my man cave. The media itself like the discs are expensive. Totally not worth it to burn them. Expensive for the discs and takes a lil while to do. I usually just download the bluray rip of the movie on www.extratorrent.cc and keep them on my hard drive on my media pc which is connected to my home theater system.
mpc1.jpg
mpc2.jpg
These are some of bluray rips that i have and this is Plex Media Server i have on the media pc.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah on my media pc in my man cave. The media itself like the discs are expensive. Totally not worth it to burn them. Expensive for the discs and takes a lil while to do. I usually just download the bluray rip of the movie on www.extratorrent.cc and keep them on my hard drive on my media pc which is connected to my home theater system.View attachment 29025 View attachment 29026 These are some of bluray rips that i have and this is Plex Media Server i have on the media pc.

OK, good to know. Hard drive storage is cheap and easy and that is how I have been doing it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
OK, good to know. Hard drive storage is cheap and easy and that is how I have been doing it.
Smartest and easiest way. I keep them on a 1.5 terabyte hard ive dedicated to just them. I copied all my bluray rips to my buddies external drive the other night. 255 Bluray rips and about 450 gigs worth. Let it transfer over night. I got about 200 blurays too and like 40 HD DVDS
blurays.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched Brad Pitt in Fury. Great movie.

"April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened Army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and his five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered, out-gunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany."

I enjoyed this movie.

oldngray

nowhere special
Just watched Brad Pitt in Fury. Great movie.

"April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened Army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and his five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered, out-gunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany."

I enjoyed this movie.

Fury was entertaining but more like watching a videogame than a realistic war movie. It was OK but nothing special.