movie review

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Saturday was "Mission Impossible". Excellent movie with a lot of action. The ending clearly suggested another movie would be coming out in the near future. Yesterday was "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" with my son. Also an excellent movie albeit about 30 minutes too long (158 minutes). This movie did tend to drag a bit in spots but there were scenes that kept you on the edge of your seat and you had to watch everything to keep up with the plot.

Next Saturday will be "Young Adult".

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought yesterday you were supposed to see "Saving Private Seabiscuit" :happy-very:. Just based on the trailers I think you made the better choice, War Horse looks awful.

tarbar66

Saturday was "Mission Impossible". Excellent movie with a lot of action. The ending clearly suggested another movie would be coming out in the near future. Yesterday was "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" with my son. Also an excellent movie albeit about 30 minutes too long (158 minutes). This movie did tend to drag a bit in spots but there were scenes that kept you on the edge of your seat and you had to watch everything to keep up with the plot.

Next Saturday will be "Young Adult".

We went to MI4 on Friday, it's good for both of us to be retired now. I agree with your review of MI4.

We had rented the 3 Swedish versions of The Dragon Girl. I love Red Box, 3 movies, 3 bucks! I couldn't put the books down once I got into them. The Swedish movies were pretty good adaptations of the books. We will be going to see the Hollywood version after the granddaughters go home, maybe New Years Eve.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Saturday was "Young Adult". I'm glad that I didn't have to pay for this ticket as this movie sucked.

Today was "We Bought a Zoo". Also a free ticket but I would have gladly payed to see this one. Excellent movie. The showing I went to was the Open Caption one which was a little distracting at first. Almost as good as the movie was the music which played throughout the movie.

Both "Star Wars" and "Titanic" have been re-done in 3-D and will be in theaters this year.

Tomorrow will be lunch on a gift card and "War Horse" on a free ticket.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We went to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I really liked the movie. Hubby not so much. It jumped around to much for him to keep up with. Lisbeth (Rooney Mara) is a very different character. I would call her character hardcore goth. Daniel Craig did a really good job. I liked the character overall. This is a movie that you don't need to see at the theater but it is worth it to go to a matinee. Do not take the kids to this movie, though. There are some VERY graphic scenes that do not need to be seen by kids or even teenagers if you are protective over what they watch. I will look for the Millinneum Trilogy books.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched 'Hangover II'. Loved it. That Zach Galifianakis is a riot. I laughed so hard at him I had to keep reversing because I laughed out loud and couldn't hear the next lines.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched "Moneyball" with Brad Pitt, Phillip Seymour Thomas and Jonah Hill. I am not a fan of sports, but this was an excellent baseball movie. We both really liked it. Jonah Hill was great in the part he played.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Also watched Cowboys & Aliens tonight. Not a fan of the Western genre, but it was an entertaining 2 hours.
We just watched that. Not Oscar material, but a fun ride. Harrison Ford cracked me up, I don't think I've ever seen him in a role like that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" last night. I liked it, but it wasn't what I expected. The last time I saw aa ape movie, the apes were people just made up like apes. In this one, the apes get smart from a researcher's serum for an Alzeihmer cure.

It's amazing to me that you can tell all the apes apart...some just because they are different kinds, orangutan, gorilla, etc, but the chimps all have different markings and expressions. Of course it's a lot of digital, but a pretty good job of it. Mostly I was interested in the improvement of special effects since the old ape movies.
It was entertaining. Spoiler alert hint: Stay out of the redwood forests!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched "Higher Ground" today. It said on the redbox site that it was about a cult. I like movies about cults.....thinking Jim Jones and that kind of cult.

I don't consider extreme southern baptist a cult. You know, the people who say "Praise the Lord" after almost everything they say. I might find it irritating, but it's not really exciting movie material.

Don't waste your money on this one........at least with redbox, I only wasted $1.29 !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Spent an 8 degree day inside a warm theater watching "Contraband", which was much better than I thought it would be. Mark Wahlberg and Kate Beckinsale work well together in this one. This is not a must see in the theater but definitely add it to your Netflix.