movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watching War Games for the second time this week. It's already almost 30 years old !! It sure shows in the computers.

Ally Sheedy looks soooo young ! She was about 21, but looked the teeny bopper!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today was "Man On A Ledge". Our local paper's movie critic, who is also a customer on my area, didn't give it a very good review so I went in not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised as it was much better than I thought it would be. Add this one to your Netflix.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today was "Star Wars--Phantom of the Menace" in 3-D. I have been waiting for this one and wasn't disappointed as this is one of the best 3-D conversions yet. I have to admit that I forgot just how long these movies were but do remember how well written, cast and directed they were. If you are a Star Wars this is a must see.

over9five

Staff member
Today was "Star Wars--Phantom of the Menace" in 3-D. I have been waiting for this one and wasn't disappointed as this is one of the best 3-D conversions yet. I have to admit that I forgot just how long these movies were but do remember how well written, cast and directed they were. If you are a Star Wars this is a must see.
NICE!!!! Upstate is drinkin like I am!!!!!!!!!!!

over9five

Staff member
Just finished watcxhing (3rd time I tried that word, i give up) Dream House.

Cool "never saw it coming moment" in the middle. Liked it, good for a Saturday night.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I had a delivery for "George Lucas", last week, but didn't know he lived in a trailer.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1" last night. I don't know how we started watching this juvenile stuff, but after the first, I wanted to see more.

We have a kid, a bagger at Ralphs, who looks just like the Edward Cullen character....pale and all. I told him once and he said he gets that a lot.

Well, it ended wide open, so they can put out another one.

Kind of like the Final Destination series....I have to keep seeing those too.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We watched "Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1" last night. I don't know how we started watching this juvenile stuff, but after the first, I wanted to see more.

We have a kid, a bagger at Ralphs, who looks just like the Edward Cullen character....pale and all. I told him once and he said he gets that a lot.

Well, it ended wide open, so they can put out another one.

Kind of like the Final Destination series....I have to keep seeing those too.
​I like the Twilight series. Act of Valor opens next Friday. I'm hoping to go see this for my birthday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It felt like UPS day at the movies this afternoon. One of our preloaders was there with his family and a fellow driver was there with his wife. The driver and his wife went to the same movie as I did--"This Means War". It was a good movie--not great, but good. Reese Witherspoon is the only name I recognized in the credits. She goes from being alone to dating 2 CIA operatives at the same time. The action sequences are cool and it is well written but it is not a must see. Add to your Netflix.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yesterday I went to see "The Grey". This is the movie with Liam Neeson in which there is a plane crash and the survivors must fight not only the bitter cold but a band of hungry grey wolves as they try to make it out alive. It was OK but nothing I would be in a rush to see again. My PDS had told me to stay through the credits to see how the movie ends--it wasn't worth the wait.

Today was "The Vow". Yeah, I know--chick flick--but it really wasn't a bad movie. A young married couple are involved in a horrific car crash and she loses the part of her memory which involves him. He then spends the rest of the movie trying to fill in the gaps. Jessica Lange plays her mother and is really beginning to show her age. It would be a good date movie.