movie review

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Went to see "Ted" this afternoon. Very, very funny movie. It is definitely an R rated movie so keep that in mind if you have kids unless you don't mind answering all of their questions on the way home from the theater. Mark Wahlberg and Milo Kunis work well together in this one. Not a must see in the theater--add it to your Netflix.

Went to see "Ted" this afternoon. Very, very funny movie. It is definitely an R rated movie so keep that in mind if you have kids unless you don't mind answering all of their questions on the way home from the theater. Mark Wahlberg and Milo Kunis work well together in this one. Not a must see in the theater--add it to your Netflix.

MILA!!!! Mila Kunis!!! How dare you incorrectly indentify one of my future ex-wifes!

images

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yesterday was "Spiderman". It was a very good movie. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone work well together in this one. I was pleasantly surprised to see Martin Sheen and Sally Field--they played Peter's aunt and uncle--and they also worked well together in their roles as Peter's surrogate parents. They spent an appropriate amount of time providing the background material which led up to the creation of the Spiderman character. You do not have had to have seen any of the previous movies to appreciate this one. I went to the 2D version and don't see where seeing it in 3D would have made that much of a difference.

Friday will be the new Olvier Stone movie "Savages" which is about the Mexican drug cartels making their way in to the US.

Among the previews was one for a movie called "Argo". Written and directed by Ben Affleck, this movie is about the daring rescue of 6 of the Iranian hostages. There is a new Bourne movie (The Bourne Legacy) coming out as well as a movie called "Hit and Run".

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "Safe House" with Denzel Washington last night. It was pretty good.

I was a little confused at first and with the questions like, "Who's that again?' and "Why did he take that?"....etc.
It only took a few minutes to get it all straight.

wkmac

I may go see Ted just to support Seth for making Carl Sagan's papers open source to the public. That was really cool!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I may go see Ted just to support Seth for making Carl Sagan's papers open source to the public. That was really cool!

You'd be better served to save your money and go see "Savages". This Oliver Stone movie provides an insight in to the legal side of drug trade and the influence of Mexican drug cartels on the illegal side of the operation.

I liked "Ted". I thought Mark Wahlberg did a really good job interacting with a CGI "teddy bear".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today was "Savages", the new Oliver Stone movie. Very appropriately titled and deserving of the R rating. John Travolta and Selma Hayek lead a cast of relative unknowns in a well written, directed and cast movie. There is little left to the imagination in this one. This one is a must see in the theater.

over9five

Staff member
Today was "Savages", the new Oliver Stone movie. Very appropriately titled and deserving of the R rating. John Travolta and Selma Hayek lead a cast of relative unknowns in a well written, directed and cast movie. There is little left to the imagination in this one. This one is a must see in the theater.
Lots of Selma nudity??? I'm in!