movie review

Watched American Hustle last night........long movie, but it was good.

"A con man, Irving Rosenfeld, along with his seductive partner Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for a wild FBI agent, Richie DiMaso, who pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia."

Christian Bale was excellent as Irving and so was Amy Adams as Sydney....... Bradley Cooper was almost unrecognizable.
Good movie.

Bale with that comb-over was a real turn-on, right?

oldngray

nowhere special
Bale with that comb-over was a real turn-on, right?

Amy Adams is worth watching in anything
9619fa31-89f7-411e-8d35-5b7f52a8e665_AmyAdams-AmericanHustle.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched Killing Them Softly, really good movie but the characters were all such scumbags that I felt like taking a shower by the end.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Went to see the newest Muppet movie with the girls today. UPS has a big cameo. Lots of big names in it. I laughed seeing James Blunt being let out of the metal box.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Captain America:The Winter Soldier is definitely worth your money. If you liked the first one you'll like this one.

I had to choose between this and Grand Hotel of Budapest. I chose the latter---it was actually very good.

I am looking forward to "Draft Day" next weekend.

Sent using BrownCafe App

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched The Haunting at Silver Falls......not a good movie. I like scary movies but this was just bad.

"A small town is haunted by the twin daughters of a wrongfully convicted man. Young Jordan is sent down the path to who the real killer is only to find the killer is very close to her."

Don't waste your time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "Carrie" last night....the 2013 version. It stuck to the book closely. It was OK.......but still love Sissy Spacek in the first one. Carrie was the first Stephen King book I read.

"A reimagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White, a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother, who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom."

I like comparing the different versions.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched "Last Vegas".

"...Three sixty-something friends take a break from their day-to-day lives to throw a bachelor party in Las Vegas for their last remaining single pal...."

It was a pretty good movie. It stars Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Kevin Kline, Morgan Freeman and Mary Steenburgen. The Aria is where the action takes place........very nice place........also Binions on Fremont Street.
I really enjoyed it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Went and saw the new Captain America and Brick Mansions last week. CA was really good, definitely a future bluray purchase for the JUMPLEX CINEMA and Brick Mansions wasn't bad. Paul Walkers last movie before he passed away. Im a big Walker fan so I had to go see it.

rod

Retired 23 years
Gravity------totally a wtf kind of movie. How it got nominated for awards is beyond me.

Wolf of Wall Street--- I enjoyed it.

The Book Thief----good- worth watching

The Lone Ranger---sucked

I've been renting stuff from Red Box. Usually $1.29 per movie and the second one is 50 cents.