Moving up in company

Jcvbe

I’ve been at UPS for over a year now, & recently got promoted to be a pt supervisor, I already have my associates in information technology & I’m currently enrolled in college for organizational leadership, I’m on course to graduate next year in may, after I graduate would it be possible for me to move into a IT position? Or is it hard to move up from the pt sup gig?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Your organizational leadership studies should have taught you to ask these questions to those who are "promoting" you...

Good luck.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
IT isn't a sup job. And unlike management, IT requires a particular set of technical skills. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to move into another non-union position once you have the credentials.

DOK

I’ve been at UPS for over a year now, & recently got promoted to be a pt supervisor, I already have my associates in information technology & I’m currently enrolled in college for organizational leadership, I’m on course to graduate next year in may, after I graduate would it be possible for me to move into a IT position? Or is it hard to move up from the pt sup gig?
We’ve had pt sups move up, get on a managers good side, he’ll lead the way.

ouanling

Canada's UPS president was a preloader and is still a sub 50 iq with no education that managed to rape us into accepting a :censored2:ty contract with barely any salary progression before top rate(17-18$ for almost 3 years, which is like 12.5$ USD)

you can get anywhere.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

They got another one
Lmao

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Is this a serious question

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You can apply for internal jobs at upsers.com ask your supervisor for more information

watdaflock?

Congrats. Being a PT Sup at UPS will look great on your resume. If you are willing to relocate/travel a bit farther you have the opportunity to be promoted. UPS is always needing/relocating supervisors.

nWo

My current center manager was my first pt belt sup when I started 15+ years ago. There's also several pt belt sups that are still pt belt sups after 15 years. Your journey is yours and yours alone.