Nashville School Shooting

Box Ox

Throw them out.
So one party rule?

How many attempts to intimidate their opposition inside of their own legislative building should legislators get before they're kicked out?

"It was a storming of the capitol, on the state level. Hundreds of parents and students marched all the way to the Tennessee Capitol in Nashville just days after a shooter killed six people, including three 9-year-old kids, at a nearby private Christian school. They demanded lawmakers take action to prevent another tragedy like this from happening again. They shouted at lawmakers who were going about their business in the building. Inside Edition Digital’s Mara Montalbano has more."

Gloria Johnson: "This is the voice of the people!"

VOP.png

newolddude

How many attempts to intimidate their opposition inside of their own legislative building should legislators get before they're kicked out?

"It was a storming of the capitol, on the state level. Hundreds of parents and students marched all the way to the Tennessee Capitol in Nashville just days after a shooter killed six people, including three 9-year-old kids, at a nearby private Christian school. They demanded lawmakers take action to prevent another tragedy like this from happening again. They shouted at lawmakers who were going about their business in the building. Inside Edition Digital’s Mara Montalbano has more."

View attachment 424038
They were just tourists who were invited inside.

vantexan

See below:

I said:

You said:

I believe I actually said that I didn’t think protesting at a school board meeting was the most effective plan.

But I also believe I said that after they stay their objection or protest the people should submit to the will of the self governing process in place and accept the ruling of the school board

IMO spot fairly spot on consistency.

You twist things and it is obvious to me that you frequently use straw man arguments as your schtick .

All good.

Peace be with you my friend.

☮️
No, just pointing out in the case of school boards you weren't in favor of parents protesting at them but you're ok with protests over guns. It's about supporting protests when it's an issue you're against. Not consistent.

What's twisted is not stating your position outright but going through endless posts until finally we get an inkling of where you stand.

For the record this is a discussion forum. It's not a pronouncement forum where you get to say what you think is correct and everyone is supposed to accept it as fact. If you think you are right then state clear reasons why you feel that way, not go in circles with questions in response to questions asked. You seem to get upset when disagreed with and take it personally.

And yes if you attack sincerely held religious beliefs as just traditions of men you are going to get pushback that can get personal. Plenty come on here and say they don't believe in God at all. That's their right. But you tell us you believe in yourself and your relationship with Christ rather than in a book of religious writings that you aren't under any obligation to follow. That it's a nice book, a wonderful book, but we're mistaken in believing it's the authority in living the Christian life. Mainly because you can't make it completely line up with your personal values so you reject it as necessary. That makes it about you, and as Christians we reject anyone but Christ and the men he chose as Apostles to establish congregations through preaching.

So in the future instead of accusing others of twisting and using straw man arguments how about showing some integrity and state what you believe on any given subject and give us reasons why you believe that. And if you come back with a bunch of "I don't do that, you're twisting what I said" statements then I guess this is wasted breath. But if you go back and look at the threads you've participated in you'll see plenty of responses to you about you going in circles with your replies.

Just stating my case since you've lately tried to characterize me a certain way talking about straw men, false statements, shtick, twisting and so on.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

View attachment 424038
Throw em out

vantexan

I believe it could be possible that there could be other reasons that haven’t been revealed to you and that the perceived benefit of an armed society is just a deception.
Aren't you essentially saying here that you're against guns by saying "...the perceived benefit of an armed society is just a deception."?

So instead of being nailed down by making a declarative statement you slowly get to the point that we're deceived in thinking guns are a benefit to society.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Aren't you essentially saying here that you're against guns by saying "...the perceived benefit of an armed society is just a deception."?

So instead of being nailed down by making a declarative statement you slowly get to the point that we're deceived in thinking guns are a benefit to society.
Yep, that’s what it sounds like

Integrity

Binge Poster
No, just pointing out in the case of school boards you weren't in favor of parents protesting at them but you're ok with protests over guns. It's about supporting protests when it's an issue you're against. Not consistent.
Maybe that would not be my first response to a school board. But I know I am not against any and all constitutionally protected peaceful protest.
What's twisted is not stating your position outright but going through endless posts until finally we get an inkling of where you stand.
I disagree with this sentence.
For the record this is a discussion forum. It's not a pronouncement forum where you get to say what you think is correct and everyone is supposed to accept it as fact.
Ok.
If you think you are right then state clear reasons why you feel that way, not go in circles with questions in response to questions asked.
When I can I do? Your schtick makes it difficult and time consuming. As if I don’t already spend enough time in the BC universe.
You seem to get upset when disagreed with and take it personally.
I don’t know if I have ever been upset as the result of a BC post from anyone. Insulted at times but that is very isolated circumstance and situation. In my advancing years I have learned to recognize perceived insults with getting upset about them. To each his own.
And yes if you attack sincerely held religious beliefs as just traditions of men you are going to get pushback that can get personal.
I don’t attack, I just have a different view than you on some things. What is the problem? I don’t feel attacked because your opinion on the same issues differ from mine.
Plenty come on here and say they don't believe in God at all. That's their right.
I agree.
But you tell us you believe in yourself and your relationship with Christ rather than in a book of religious writings that you aren't under any obligation to follow.
And you believe differently. What’s the problem?
That it's a nice book, a wonderful book, but we're mistaken in believing it's the authority in living the Christian life.
Where did I say you were mistaken for your beliefs? Doesn’t sound in line with my ideology of religious freedom and tolerance.
Mainly because you can't make it completely line up with your personal values so you reject it as necessary.
I told you I reject it when I believe the Holy Spirit of God is prompting me to reject some failures inherent in the imperfections of the religious authors of the Bible.
That makes it about you, and as Christians we reject anyone but Christ and the men he chose as Apostles to establish congregations through preaching.
I don’t understand this statement. My belief is faith comes through Christ alone.
So in the future instead of accusing others of twisting and using straw man arguments how about showing some integrity and state what you believe on any given subject and give us reasons why you believe that.
You would have to alter your schtick and your ability to follow discussion flow in order for me to successfully do this.
And if you come back with a bunch of "I don't do that, you're twisting what I said" statements then I guess this is wasted breath.
Sometimes I can waste so much time and breath on the BC. You?
But if you go back and look at the threads you've participated in you'll see plenty of responses to you about you going in circles with your replies.
Nothing new to me. There are only a handful of regulars on here that are interested in discussion anyway.
Just stating my case since you've lately tried to characterize me a certain way talking about straw men, false statements, shtick, twisting and so on.
Yes. IMO you do utilize that tactic routinely and regularly in your discussion threads with me.

Peace

☮️